African American Weddings

TMI-type Question

What do you ladies find is the best/cleanest option for hair removal (and I'm not talking about the legs or underarms)?

Re: TMI-type Question

• edited December 2011
    I used the sensitive form of Veet. I leave it on a little longer than recommended but it usually comes all the way off. I'm going to get a brazilian wax for our honeymoon (i'm scared). That's probably the cleanest way
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011
    I agree w/Kim!

That's what I use.....I am deathly afraid to get a Brazilian...I've read too many horror stories.
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other ladies. Veet is great. I'm afraid that if I got a Brazilian, I might have some sort of reflex and knock something over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • edited December 2011
     I am planning to get a brazilian wax for the wedding/hooneymoon, and an underarm waxed. My girllfriend gets them and her armpits done and they  look really soft and smooth,so w me havin a strapless dress. (dancing and stuff) that seems so important I think.
  • edited December 2011
    From a medical stand point, you should not remove your hair, it would do more damage than good. That hair is there for a very good reason...to catch dirt and harmful bacteria that otherwise would go right into the vagina if hair was not there as a barrier, but to each her own.

Sorry if that was tmi...not to mention the itching, and the wax  (or at least the spatula) is supposed to be replaced after EVERY customer, the temperature of the wax is suppossed to be a specific temp to retard bacterial growth. A licensed cosmotologist is the only person who should be doing brazilian waxes, let alone any other waxings in most states, although many salons will tell you otherwise.

Lastly, an increase in folliculitis, an infection around the hair follicle of women who shave and get waxed has increased, not to mention MRSA, which is resistant to conventional antibiotics.

Being cute does not oveshadow being healthy....that's just my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    I love veet.. it works wonders... haven't done the brazilian wax, don't think I will but veet is awesome, next best thing
  • edited December 2011
    Girl....use veet or go get it waxed. What woman wants hairy armpits and a hairy cookie box! I use veet as well and it works. Just so you'll know I haven't had any medical issues and I've been doing this for years. Hope this helps! Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! Thanks, ladies! I appreciate the suggestions and advice!
  • ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're gonna do brazilian I would recommend doing it ahead of time once and then going back to just get a clean up.  It's less painful IMO the second time and if it's just a little hair coming off.  Plus, if you get it done and you have some sort of reaction or it is extremely painful you have a little time to "heal" and get used to it.

There are some other alternatives to the full brazilian too...I've gotten full brazilian once and I will NEVER do it again lol.  The more painful areas I just have her trim or something because it's really not that deep.  beauty is pain but dang lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I use Nair Sensitive Bikini Cream. However, I have been thinking of trying something new, so maybe I will pickup some Veet today!
  • ciliajonesciliajones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO @ hair cookie box. I also VEET IT~ and I have yet to have any complaints. However I am thinking about doing the waxed armpits.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL @ hairy cookie box!!!! I'mma use that one!

But yeah....I use VEET and a razor touch up the other spots. I can't completely uses the razor...With VEET I'm Baby soft!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Waxing hands down!  My personal recommendation if you've never had a wax is to either cut the hair down or shave about 2-3 weeks before you go.  The less hair the less painful it'll be. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OK...even more TMI...WTH is wrong w/my hair on my cookie box (LOL!) cuz I can't use Veet. It doesnt work for me AT ALL.  I have to use Nair.

I'm also considering electrolysis at some point because the older I get, the more facial hair I have. BOO! I DO NOT want to start looking like a man!! (I dont know about electrolysis on my cookie box though!) I'm actually going for my 1st process on my face today. WISH ME LUCK! This is probably how I'll look when it's over! Cry
  • ciliajonesciliajones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMFAO!! @ WTH is wrong with the hair on my cookie box..LMFAO.. What you mean it doesnt work? Are you not keeping it on long enough? Ive never used nair-
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ive gone Brazilian (yes lovie she was licensed!) and haven't been back! yes it was painful , but sometimes beauty is painful. You know how many times i done been burnt with a hot comb or a flat iron? At least Brazilians dont leave ugly marks after! After you do it consistently, the hair grows back soft like baby hair and then it doesn't hurt as much when you get waxed again. I started doing it b/c shaving made my skin darker. I recommend that you get the wax done 2 days - a week before the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Cilia, I left the Veet on just as long as I left the Nair on. NOTHING! LOL

And btw, I chickened out yesterday on the electrolysis!
  • edited December 2011
    I never thought to use nair or veet on my "cookie box" I always use a razor, Im too scared the chemicals will get in my cookie box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards