Florida-South Florida
Options

Newbie Monday

The weekend just ended and there has to be some newly engaged brides out there

Come say hello and introduce yourself. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie Monday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't bite!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sometimes Innocent
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tongue out
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    anyone anyone?!?!?
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Newbie here:

well we got engaged in April of '07..but we finally set a date!..well sorta..we want to get married on 11-11-11 but i had nooo idea november was such a popular wedding month and so were sticking with the month but we might have to move the date because of its popularity.

I have aways loved weddign related things..decorations, details, etc.. but i didnt know how hard it was to narrow down all the great ideas into one day and one budget! lol

by the way i looove reading all the great advice you ladies post on here and i have been at work wanting to get out just so i can come home and see whats new on the knot.. =)

im still trying to get the hang of all this...hopefully soon i will Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! 11-11-11 is a very popular weekend, have you looked at venues? Where are you looking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm new on here.

Got engaged this past Nov.  Our date is Nov 19th, 2011.  We don't have a ceremony site yet (thought maybe Mattheson Hammock, but I have to check it out) but the reception will be in a private backyard.  I'm hoping to light it up with lights and paper lanterns.  I'm pretty handy but it's going to be difficult to do this long distance.  I live in NYC and the wedding will be in Miami, FL.  We plan to honeymoon, the next day on Allure of the Seas out of Ft Lauderdale.

I've gotten SO MUCH great information on here, you guys are a Godsend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome Salamary! We are here to help if you have any questions
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you waterroxy17.  I feel I'm going to need a lot of support/help.  We're heading down there for the weekend to look at the reception space and hopefully decide on a ceremony space.  We're also going to the Dadeland Marriot Bridal Expo, so maybe I'll get some good lead there.  Primarily going there for reception/ceremony/invite ideas.  I much rather get vendors through recommendations through here and through married friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking in Miami? There are a lot of girls on the board that may be able to help with Venues. I would suggest writing a post
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I've got a reception venue already.  It will be in a private backyard.  It's everything else that I need help with.  I will do a post.  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry for the late reply..

thank you for the warm welcome!
    I actually booked the botanical gardens and had to change my date becuase it was so popular =(
    now its 12-17-11..but its ok...as long as i get married!! lol

although I created an account so long ago, i've only recently started using the site to plan and get good ideas..but im still learning how to navigate it, so again my apologies.

how do i know if people post somethiing after me so i dont have to go through every post I've left?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get email replies just hit "email replies" at the top.
     If you want to always watch something there is a watch button at the top also. Hope that helps. If you have any questions I', here to help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards