Nevada-Las Vegas

frustrated--- many levels......

not sure frustrated the word... sent off 2 emails wed or thurs waiting on replys from restaurants in vegas.... sent off another one stating expect to hear from them by monday or im moving on.....

FI is driving me nuts..... im feeling slightly stressed and pressure not from family but since only me doing research since he doesnt have computer and hard to do on his phone... yet wont go to the (bleeping) library for an hr or 2 so i can send him stuff.... he went to races last nite and then tells me today he doesnt have money for a phone charger and his phone not charging... DUH then dont fkn spend money on damn races.... uggggg

ok sorry enough of the rant just tired of what i deem excuses and bullsh......  btw we are in diff states.

Re: frustrated--- many levels......

• ooops meant to say thanks for letting me vent a min or 2 :))))
  • Try to relax, you still have a little over a year and trust me when I say it's possible to do a Vegas wedding in 3 months of planning, granted it would probably be hella stressful but it is definitely possible.

FI doens't really help at all and I do ALL the research. I don't mind though so it's not a big deal to me. He'll help if I ask him to do something specific but that's about it lol. Try to enjoy the early stages of planning as you don't have to book anything RIGHT this minute and that's probably why the restaurant hasn't gotten back to you yet, it's still really early. Also some places just take longer to get back to you. Have you tried calling them?

Don't worry too much though! :)
  • Sorry to hear! Sometimes it is good to just VENT! :)
    Are either of you going to visit the other sometime soon? Do you have a laptop? Perhaps when you get together you can dedicate some much needed time to discussing the wedding, looking at options you have found, etc.
    Responses from restraurants can vary, at least in my experience. Some I hear back the same day, and some in the next day or two... I wouldn't wait forever for a response, but I try to give the benefit of the doubt that maybe they received a ton of emails that day (and they answer in order received) or the restaurant is busy in general a particular day or weekend.
    What restaurants are you looking into? I'm over a year out and I'm starting to look at restaurants too to get ideas on whats available and pricing. I was all about in-suite, but now I am leaning towards buffet since food is a big priority to both of us, especially my fiance.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_frustrated-many-levels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f1ee732-f69c-4586-9e60-b6299b39ff98Post:4fee235a-408d-4999-9597-fc34bddde41d">frustrated--- many levels......</a>:
    [QUOTE]not sure frustrated the word... sent off 2 emails wed or thurs waiting on replys from restaurants in vegas.... sent off another one stating expect to hear from them by monday or im moving on..... FI is driving me nuts..... im feeling slightly stressed and pressure not from family but since only me doing research since he doesnt have computer and hard to do on his phone... yet wont go to the (bleeping) library for an hr or 2 so i can send him stuff.... he went to races last nite and then tells me today he doesnt have money for a phone charger and his phone not charging... DUH then dont fkn spend money on damn races.... uggggg ok sorry enough of the rant just tired of what i deem excuses and bullsh......  btw we are in diff states.
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]
  • i heard back from sugar factory and i appologized profusly (sp?) to her i thought she was off weekends and she explained she doesnt have set days. 

as of asking FI he does what asked just seems like pulling teeth.  im going there in aug.. so i can show him on computer. just wish he had computer so he can see what im seeing...
  • im bringing laptop trust me.   so far im looking at el segundo and sugar factory.. cosmo waiting on email back from...  im a planner and slightly OCD and also not patient i want to have things sorta planned with no surprises lol even though over year out and know dont have to put down deposits yet...

pp- where are you looking at getting married. 
  • If that's the case then as much as you want him to help I probably wouldn't put much faith into him actually helping a whole lot to save you the stress. Like with FI I know he'd be just as happy going to the courthouse and that's it, he's not really into hosting parties at all. Maybe you can talk to him about it?

What type of reception are you looking at having? Something more traditional or a little more casual?
  • reception--- mainly food, we arent dancers and stuff..  depending who really goes they may toast lol

just wish he was more into planning so i dont have do it alone so to speak.  but it is what it is.. his thing is we can do all this when u move and get here,, uggg MEN too bad cant shoot him or trade him in like a leased car lol

• Have you checked out Canatello or Trevi? Trevi was really nice but they didn't have any dancing room so it got kicked off the list lol. I guess it depends on what type of food you're looking to have as well.

Also do you have any bridesmaids? Maybe they can help. My mom and my older sister (MoH) have been helping me with pretty much everything.
  • my bridesmaid is 18 (my daughter) who is getting ready for college and seeing the bf as much as possible... so its up to me... i havent heard of the trevi.. we pretty much eat anything.. i decided against the texas de brazil since mainly meat and my daughter doesnt eat red meat. so looking at sugarfactory, el segundo and emailed cosmo. 

ill look at trevi.. today.. ooo just found out FI charger (bleeping) up and phone is dead so i cant even reach him... uggggg but ooo well thats his issue not mine lol
  • ladies before my mind goes bonkers   THANK YOU  IN ADVANCE FOR ALL SUPPORT AND ADVICE (huggers)  
  • heard from them both... so far 1 better than other... getting ready to look at other choices of trevi and cantanello that PP offered up.  thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards