June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

What all did you ladies get done this week? And checks to work towards this week?
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Ugh, I've kind of failed at wedding stuff this past week. I ordered some of our invites through VIstaprint, but I need at least one more Groupon to finish ordering them. I also ordered a sample of envelopes from paperandmore.com, but I think I can get the same envelopes cheaper on Amazon. I also picked up a pretty cake stand on sale at TJ Maxx this past weekend that we'll use to display the cake.
    This weekend is going to be all about the centerpieces. I've got to get moving on these bad boys, June is coming up quick. My sister also wants to sit down and finalize the cake details, so hopefully that will be squared away shortly.

• I booked our hair for the day of yesterday! I was excited to finally have that done! Now it's just more ideas like we decided to make ribbon wands and tissue paper pomanders for the ceremony. And starting to think about music
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh Emily, I feel your pain!   I have either got to start on my centerpieces or find a florist soon!  I think I did a pretty good job on my bouquet but now I have to start making the bridesmaids and I am afraid that will take me forever (they are going to be all shells).  I did find containers I like though.

I have about 3 emails out to people on etsy regarding favors and card boxes and hopefully will hear back soon.  And I also ordered swatches for tablecloths. 

We have another tux appt. tomorrow (Men's Wearhouse didn't have tan) and we have cupcake tasting Friday.

FI and I are going to the bank today to set up a separate wedding account so it will be easier to track cost and what we've paid so far. 

I was "warned" this weekend to be prepared for a shower and that I probably should go register soon.  I really did not want a shower primarily because I do not want to register.  I am 43 and have owned my own house since I was 24!  I really don't need anything.
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning,

I feel like I did a lot this week.
    I talked to the DJ and started picking songs, had to buy a new part to my dress, and worked on invitations hopefully we can have them all done this week!

I tried to find shoes but I have had no luck..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Well we got the price of our invitations and they were ordered. Our print shop guy said we should have them sometime this week or next. 

We ordered our cake topper

FI got an idea of what he wants for a centerpiece so we ordered the pieces we are missing and would have to use. To see how we'll like it. 

• We picked out tuxes for all the guys, including the little ring bearer, he is going to be too cute.  We also booked our limo too, luckily it's the same place so we get a discount for using both.  We have narrowed down the invitation choices to 2 and agreed to dinner choices as well.
    Next, I need to decide if I want to have our details meeting before, during, or after tax season, our venue told me there is no rush.
  • Well we are working on a new DJ, I have set up more florist appts to go ahead and finally pick someone hopefully, also we have an appt to try for suits on Saturday. I want to go look for wedding bands because in my nightmare FI didn't have his, so now I am worried about that lol. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Busy girls!

I spent a lot of money. I bought my garter set, a necklace and earring set for myself, and the loose rock candy to decorate our cake with. 

Vinita finished up designing my invitation suite for me and they came out amazing. I ordered those and they should be here in a week or two. 

We booked our RD caterer. And FI's mom is coming Friday to help my reupholster our dining room chairs and FI's is going to have her order our favors for us then. I also know my shower invitations are going out next week. 

Also, MOH and BM got engaged Friday night. I won't get to see her for a few more weeks, but I'm sooo excited for them!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lets see, I got the new invitation proof back from the printers and it looks great with the pocket fold sample I got from Cards and Pockets. FI really liked it too so he okay'd the extra money for the pocket folds :)  Most of the men's attire is picked out and ordered. My man of honor wasn't able to go because he was sick so we have to get his stuff ordered.   We've got appointments with the florist and caterer scheduled for Saturday. I'm very excited to be getting that done!!  FI is 3/4 of the way finished with all the jewelry. The earrings are finished and the pendants just need to be strung and they'll be done. 

I scheduled a shopping day with my remaining BM. I haven't heard another peep from the one that backed out because of work which is concerning because we usually get together for lunch once a month or so and she's been too busy the last several months. Sigh.   Next project: finishing the lanterns for the kids to carry and finding vellum or rice paper for the centerpiece lanterns. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay, we're all in the thick of it now! 

Let's see, what have I been up too this past week?... 
    The linen samples came in last Friday. The champagne damask that I was hoping would be perfect IS! We will be ordering them either next month or sometime in March. 

FI and I had a meeting with a potential Rabbi and we really like him. He was personable and laid back. Plus he had some fantastic ideas about our ceremony. We are probably going to book him but we have one other meeting with our Cantor before we make a decision. 

We also attended the tasting for the caterer and had a great time with our event coordinator. Now we have a preliminary menu to be finalized in our next venue meeting... not sure when that will be yet. The food was good though, we were pleased.

On Saturday; Mom, MOH, and I had a 2nd meeting with the florist to discuss the flowers and confirm colors... I've been having nightmares that the flowers won't be the right colors (Lol, I know silly) so this meeting certainly eased my mind. A sample centerpiece is also in progress... will be delivered Feb 2nd! I can't wait to see it! 

We also had our first cake tasting on Sunday. I'm in love with the champagne cake and strawberry filling!! So delicious! Not sure if we're going to book this particular baker, but we sure did like her and the flavors. Am thinking I will set up a few more tastings before we decide. 

Anniversary
  • We had a our menu tasting on Sunday and it was so good!  Definitely looking forward to that :) And we confirmed our DJ and Photographer on Monday; and I found a Reverend!!  Good week!

I have bridesmaid dress shopping next weekend, and then flowers the following weekend; and I still need to register and set up cake tasting

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards