June 2012 Weddings
Options

Random Question

If someone said they could show you your future (you and FI) would you want to see it?  Imagine like 20, 30, 40 years down the road.
Anniversary

Re: Random Question

• Options
    That is a tough question! I think I would have to go with no.
    You know how people go back in time but they can't alter anything because it will completely change the future? Kind of for that reason. If that makes sense?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:d26b531e-ed45-4bff-934f-f32f62aca567">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is a tough question! I think I would have to go with no. You know how people go back in time but they can't alter anything because it will completely change the future? Kind of for that reason. If that makes sense?
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

I agree. Plus, it takes all the fun and adventure out of the unknown!
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to know so if something bad happens I won't see each day as a countdown to that. I think you need to love each day for what it is.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kaitlyn142kaitlyn142 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'd pay good money for 6 months from now. but 20 years? no.

• Options
    I am the worst when it comes to spoilers, I always look them up. So for me it wouldn't be a question of would I want to know, it would be the temptation. I don't think I would want to know, but I don't trust my self restraint!
  • Options
    No way. That would ruin all the fun!

Reminds me of The Time Traveler's Wife.

Ps. That would be a good book for our Good Reads book  if too many people haven't read it already.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:11f76888-6316-406b-a894-076364b2d02a">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I pay good money for 6 months from now. but 20 years? no.
    Posted by kaitlyn142[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
  • Options
    I think I agree with everyone so far! I am ok living one day at a time... too much info on my future seems scary!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:11f76888-6316-406b-a894-076364b2d02a">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I pay good money for 6 months from now. but 20 years? no.
    Posted by kaitlyn142[/QUOTE]

This :D
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    I would. I'm such a control freak I'd wanna know if what I want my future to look like happens. Then if it doesn't I can do something to change it
  • Options
    I hate suprises, but this is one thing I want to remain a mystery.

I hope that we will have sent our kids off to college and we can spend some time exploring Dubai and having a great time but I don't want to know for sure...
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:d8d4c46c-9dac-412a-a716-34da6f2f88d4">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would. I'm such a control freak I'd wanna know if what I want my future to look like happens. Then if it doesn't I can do something to change it
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

I think that's the big question though - if you see your future, CAN you do anything to actually change it?  Is it possible that whatever actions you've taken to change the outcome actually CAUSE the outcome?  Is the future you're seeing a direct result of the fact that you've seen the future?

Mmm, existential questions...
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If I saw how life would be in 20 years, I would probably change the way I behaved to try and make it happen, and it would probably eff things up somewhat.  I wouldn't mind 3 years or less just to see how things are going/everything is ok.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:8efc35f0-3363-4ac2-a941-0028efd40314">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Question : I think that's the big question though - if you see your future, CAN you do anything to actually change it?  Is it possible that whatever actions you've taken to change the outcome actually CAUSE the outcome?  Is the future you're seeing a direct result of the fact that you've seen the future? Mmm, existential questions...
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

<div>The philosopher in me says no. ;)</div>
  • Options
    no way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope. I want to live our lives as each day comes. It wouldn't be life if you could prepare for thie unexpected.
  • Options
    No, I love surprises! Plus something as big as my life, I want to leave it alone. I don't want to know, good or bad. If I knew and it was bad, my life would be ruined because all of my thoughts would be consumed by the bad thing in my future.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7fdb5d6f-987e-4fd2-91ea-3afcf58e06b1Post:2a201f34-dc66-4d23-96b6-4617807c4eea">Re: Random Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't want to know so if something bad happens I won't see each day as a countdown to that. I think you need to love each day for what it is.
    Posted by jaime10285[/QUOTE]

this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, I want to live life as I can and do what I feel is right for the time.
  • Options
    Nope, no desire whatsoever!  I want to live my life in the way it will happen and I think if I saw in the future, I like Meg would work to make that happen and end up screwing things up.
  • Options
    I probably won't want to know what my futurre looks like because i rather just enjoy the present as it is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards