Not Engaged Yet
Options

NEY MD

So for the past month or so I've had REALLY dry skin on my legs. Recently it's gotten worse and I have quite a bit of red, raised dry spots. I've never reacted this bad to the change in weather before. My mom and younger sister have always dealt with Eczema, but it's never really been a problem for me. I'm wondering if I should be concerned. At what point should I try to see a dermatologist (I have NO time to get a Dr. appointment in my schedule right now)? It doesn't help that once I start itching I can't stop. Any thoughts/ideas/lotion suggestions? 

I feel bad for FI because I've been shaving my legs pretty sparingly to try to keep them from getting too irritated =/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NEY MD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like eczema to me. I have it. I don't have medicine for it anymore though. I've found that a good calming aloe or hemp based lotion works really well. Put it on real thick, put leggings on and let it soak overnight. It doesn't go away completely, but it definitely helps.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have eczema, badly. Try Cetaphil ceam. And make sure it's teh super thick stuff that comes in a tub, not the lotion.

You can also mix it with cortisone creams to help the itching go away. Sometimes I need my medicine still, but the Cetaphil seems to help immensely.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions =) hopefully something will help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are the little raised spots filled with fluid? If they ooze a little when you squeeze them, it's definitely eczema. I get it really bad on my hands and ankles. The best OTC product I've found is DermaRest. It's kind of hard to find sometimes, but if you check walmart and a couple pharmacies you should be able to find it. Make sure you get the excema stuff, because they make a psoriasis cream, too. Be warned: it feels weird and smells even weirder, but it genuinely works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:57ccfe79-8f4e-4af2-b75e-8da3ac47c682Post:8452d807-958a-44bd-98ab-c5a0c729b62c">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Are the little raised spots filled with fluid? </strong>If they ooze a little when you squeeze them, it's definitely eczema. I get it really bad on my hands and ankles. The best OTC product I've found is DermaRest. It's kind of hard to find sometimes, but if you check walmart and a couple pharmacies you should be able to find it. Make sure you get the excema stuff, because they make a psoriasis cream, too. Be warned: it feels weird and smells even weirder, but it genuinely works.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>No, it's just raised dry skin patches, no fluid.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Yaga, I do react to jewelry occasionally, but my ring has never caused me any problems. That's one of the reasons we picked palladium. White, it's probably just dry skin, then. Get a good moisturizer and start lotioning up (and giving it time to soak in) before you shower. Once you can feel that you've rinsed out all the lotion, get out of the shower and pat (don't rub) dry. Then put on more lotion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never had anything fluid-filled and my derm has been checking my eczema for about five years now... weird.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:57ccfe79-8f4e-4af2-b75e-8da3ac47c682Post:1bebaf87-8821-44c2-a77f-d07f232de9bf">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never had anything fluid-filled and my derm has been checking my eczema for about five years now... weird.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

Really? Because that's one of the landmark signs of eczema. It's not thick or copious fluid, though. More like a blistery discharge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards