Latino Weddings

Mariachi!

We finally found a Mariachi group that now I'm trying to figure out exactly when and what they play. We are having a traditional Catholic ceremony with mass. I want Jesu Joy of Man's and Canon D to play while the bridal party and myself come up the aisle. I'm just not sure how it will sound with the Mariachi playing it.

So here's my question. If you had a Mariach play at your wedding, when and what songs did they play during the ceremony? When did they play during the reception? We will be having a DJ too because we want certain songs to play for the entrance and special dances. Thanks!

Re: Mariachi!

• munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only had them play at the reception for our entrance and through dinner.  The dj started after dinner when we had our first dance.  If they had played at our ceremony, I think it would only have been during the recessional.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I had the DJ lead us into the ceremony and the Mariachis surprised the guests by leading us out with "El Verdadero Amor"
  • CITALAUNICACITALAUNICA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking into getting one but having them play during the cocktail hour.
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to have them play for our entrance and for the dinner portion.  We'll have them go table to table and take requests.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • edited December 2011
    I was just on itunes and heard the bridal march mariachi style...it sounds so good.  You should really check it out.  I wasn't a fan of the traditional bridal march but the mariachi version sounds great.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're having them play at reception, these are good mariachi songs that they all know:
    El Mariachi Loco
    El Sinaloense
    El son de la negra
    Hermoso Carino
    Mi Nina Bonita (great father/daughter song too)
  • edited December 2011

Hi VGMartinez....

I think I might have seen you on the QC Board, but not sure.  If you were on there, could you help me find a mariachi??!  We're getting married in Burlington, IA on 9/4/2010, and we're having a difficult time finding a mariachi!  As for your question, we're just going to have the mariachi play during the cocktail hour, not at the ceremony itself.

Thanks,

Caroline

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_mariachi-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:3e456d2a-3973-4637-a0e8-69211d8f38c1Post:fe82f36f-a0d3-45bc-be1a-0f250ddc357f">Re: Mariachi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi VGMartinez.... I think I might have seen you on the QC Board, but not sure.  If you were on there, could you help me find a mariachi??!  We're getting married in Burlington, IA on 9/4/2010, and we're having a difficult time finding a mariachi!  As for your question, we're just going to have the mariachi play during the cocktail hour, not at the ceremony itself. Thanks, Caroline
    Posted by runtscarth[/QUOTE]

Hi! Yeah, it's pretty hard finding a mariachi in the midwest, especially in Iowa. My parents have the number for the group and i don't know the name but I know they play at some of the restaurants in Davenport. If you call Azteca (563-386-6689) or Los Agaves (563-386-5949), they both have mariachis play regurlary that are from the Silvis, Peoria, IL area. We couldn't find anyone closer so they might charge extra for travel. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Im having a Latino/Indian wedding and my FI really wants a mariachi band. I actually wouldnt have wanted one if I wasnt marrying an Indian guy. Since we will be doing so much from his side, it would be right to incorporate both
    We thought, during cocktail hour but I love the idea of taking requests. Very good idea!
    Happy to be Engaged
  • OMAR1DEBOMAR1DEB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWCv8pqtmwM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWCv8pqtmwM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards