Ohio-Columbus
Options

Where to go first for wedding dress shopping.....

Bella Laccio or Trumpington. I have 1 day this weekend when my MOH and I can go dress shopping and not sure where I should go  first (after making an appointment of course). I've heard great things about both places, but more for Trumpington I think just because they have been around longer than Bella Laccio. What does everyone think? What's more worth my time? I like lace (elegant and luxurious), beading/pearls/detailed, but not gaudy by any means....european, royal, traditional, elegant style wedding :) Thanks ladies!

Re: Where to go first for wedding dress shopping.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Trumpington, and I really enjoyed it. The ladies there were so sweet and helpful. They weren't pushy AT ALL!

I didn't go to Bella Laccio, so I can't give you a review of that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Bella Laccio.  It was a really good experience for me. Even though I didn't get my dress from there I still told my bridesmaids to look there for dresses because they have a great selection.  Plus the staff is super nice!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress, veil, and necklace at Bella Laccio and HIGHLY recommend it. Jen is super sweet, and will give you her honest opinion. Plus, she carries a few designers that I wasn't able to find elsewhere in Columbus. Happy shopping!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do any of you know the what the price range is for dresses sold at Trumpington or Bella Laccio?  Or if they ever have sample sales?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaid dresses from Bella Laccio. Jen is a peach and I could just eat her up. She has beautiful styles and if there is something in the shop that she doesnt have that you are looking for, she can order it in for you. I haven't been to Trumpington but I have heard good things!!
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Trumpington and love the ladies there.  The dresses I tried on were in a price range of 650-1200 so I thought it seemed average.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Bella Laccio and loved Jen. I've also heard great things about Trumpington through the years. Since they are relatively close to each other, you could always set up appointments for the same afternoon if you thought that wouldn't stress you out.
  • Options
    Lbrant21Lbrant21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone head to cinncinati to go dress shopping? I am from Columbus, but live in Chicago and my family wants to look in Ohio. I hope to do a power weekend and find the dress, is that realistic?
  • Options
    JMS842JMS842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just bought my dress today in Cincinnati at Bridal and Formal. They had my 5 favorite designers there (couldn't find 2 let alone 5 of them here in Columbus) and the store is has the largest selection of bridal gowns in the nation. I worked with Lindsey. I would definitely recommend going there it's 300 W. Benson Street (double check me lol). Tell Lindsey that Juliana recommended her! I'm not sure I can wait another 7.5 months to wear my dress again...looooooove it and so excited! lol Good lluck!
  • Options
    Lbrant21Lbrant21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks JMS! I will plan a trip to see lindsay in late spring! Can't wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal and Formal as well and ordered my awesome Pronovias dress and custom shoes there.  It was only the second time I looked at dresses, but I found "the one."  I had Ruth and she was really nice.  I can't wait for it to come in!
  • Options
    JMS842JMS842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome Lbrant21! Anything to help another bride. :)
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Bridal and Formal in the Reading Bridal District in CIncinnati, being the biggest salon in the country, would be the best for a one-day shopping event.  It's crazy crowded on the weekends but there isn't anything you can do about it since they don't take appointments.  It's first come first serve.  I would go early morning.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards