California-San Diego

SOOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! YAY US!!!

Okay, so tonight has DEFINITELY been the highlight of my whole wedding planning experience.  First and foremost, it has been a major pain trying to plan a San Diego wedding FROM MARYLAND..  while a) my fiance is deployed b) I am also Active Duty military and c) for now, I'm the single mother of an autistic 5 year old boy who is EXTREMELY active (Not complaining though, I LOVE MY LIFE).  Anyways, I've been stalking this forum trying to find any suggestions anyone would throw out and I noticed everyone raving about Melissa McClure.  Well tonight she contacted me to let me know that she's AVAILABLE for my September 4th wedding AND that even though her prices are above our budget she's willing to do a CUSTOM PACKAGE for us.  That woman is a SAINT!!  I am so happy right now that I can't even sleep.  I'm going to wait until my fiance get's up in a few hours (its an eight hour time difference between us) and share the good news with him. I'm so happy. YAY US!!
He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket

Re: SOOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! YAY US!!!

• edited December 2011
    That is great!  Where are you getting married? 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yay!!!

Melissa is one of the nicest people I've met in my life!!  She really truly is a sweetheart!!
    She's my photog for my 9/18 wedding too!

Tell us more about your wedding - do yo need any help with anything??
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Harbor Inn Catering and Conference Center and I'm extremely nervous because I've been hearing horror stories about it lately. I'm having an outdoor ceremony and we'll be having our reception in the Harborside room.  Our colors are burnt orange and ivory with hints of sage.  So far I've got my dress...which I LOOOVE, I've picked out the bridesmaids dresses, and we have our wedding favors.  I'll be in San Diego in two weeks (I haven't been home since my grandmother's funeral six years ago) and I hope to knock out a lot of planning then.  I was thinking about looking at Exquisite Blooms for the floral arrangements.  Still haven't settled on a DJ yet though.  So if you guys have any suggestions for ANYTHING..I would soooo appreciate it.  This is a lot harder than I thought.
  • edited December 2011
    I have no advice on a DJ as I'm using a friend of mine and having an "ipod" DJ pretty much.

My florist is Lotus Flowers by Thomas.  From what I know his prices are awesome as is his work.  When I booked with him (a few months) he was pretty much all filled up for September though, so it's probably worth it to stick with who you're planning on going with.
  • edited December 2011
    For our DJ we are using Bill Calhoun, we were also recommended to Paul Peterson.  For florists, I would recommend Lotus Flowers by Thomas as well, good prices.  Every time I have met with him he has very unique ideas, very polite, and affordable.
    http://lotusflowersshop.com/
      Our cake is coming from Shirley the Cake Lady, she is a cute, little lady, but has amazing flavors in her cakes. 
    http://www.shirleythecakelady.com/index.php
    Our photographer is Myda Clark Photography, she is a friend of my FI's but I love her work and she is very affordable. 
    http://www.mydaclarkphotography.com/
    I also talked with Sally from Exquisiste Blooms too, very sweet.  And affordable too. 
    I hope this helps.  Planning a wedding is hard enough, especially when you are so far away!   I hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to go with Shirley but she said that she was all booked for the month of September on her website.  So I'm thinking of going with Flour Power or Edelweiss.   I think I will check out Louts as well. Thanks for the input.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Sumi's Oven if your looking for a cake - Sumi is not only incredibly nice, but her cakes are AMAZING and her prices are very good too!
  • alimcfarlandalimcfarland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kym with sweet cakes sweetcakessd.com   just a little over $3 a serving.   She was willing to negotiate prices with us.     Florist Barry Rose with Passion Flower Studios 859-630-3423 very nice and affordable and was willing to skip tax if paid in cash!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards