June 2014 Weddings
Options

Torn on venues

Okay ladies I am torn.

What I want to do is kinda mean to the out of town guests and just anyone in general.  I want my ceremony at the butterfly house in the texas discovery gardens and then I want the reception at the fort worth stockyards.  Drive time between the two places 50 minutes.  I know that there is no way my parents will ever ever ever agree to that.  I can't decide what is more important to me.  The butterflies or the reception site.  I guess I could try to find something similar in design to the stockyards closer to dallas.  I just don't know what to do.

Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Torn on venues

• Options
    Is it possible to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both have space for ceremony and reception
  • Options
    Since the Butterfly place has special meaning to you because of your grandma, I would have it there. But that's just me lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with SugarFoote.  Would you be okay with having both the ceremony and the reception at the Butterfly place?  It holds a very special meaning to you and it sounds like one venue for both the ceremony and reception would be an option that your parents would be happy with too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think what it will come down to is money.  Which ever site is cheaper.  The photographer I want is hecka expensive and so once I have a budget from my parents and money saved by me I'll be able to decide.
  • Options

gotcha. I had looked at a venue that I love (and still do) but it was half of the budget and plus it was a good 1+ hours away...so I crossed it off the list lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ouch that is vicious. I really want to know what the budget is but I feel that it would be rude to ask my parents this far in advance. No need to start stressing.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be able to wait.  I would have to know NOW.  That's just the type of person that I am!  LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards