Registry and Gift Forum

Registering Question

It is both of our second wedding and we are building a home on our property this summer aftr the wedding.  Do we have to register for items?  We really could use gift cards to Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, etc. to help us build our home.  Is it wrong to ask for gift cards?

Re: Registering Question

• Yes, it's wrong to ask for gift cards.  You can let your parents, maybe siblings or wedding party members know that you're saving for home improvement stuff and hopefully word can spread but you cannot directly ask for these items.  Sears does have a wedding registry, however...  
  • Word on the street is that Sears registries are glitchy - I might do amazon instead, because they sell tools and home improvement items.  I would make a small list there for people like me who won't give you cash regardless, and then tell your nearest and dearest that you are saving for home improvements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if there are Menards in your area, but I know they have a registry. 
  • Thanks everyone.  The word has been going around.
  • I'm in a similar situation, but its my first wedding. I am remodeling a house too. We don't need things like toasters. But I did register at target for about 30 small things. The biggest thing I put on there is a special vacuum for pet hair. I think it will help some people know what not to get me. I told my close family and friends to put the word out that I am remodeling a house and hope and pray that I do get some home depot gift cards. it's a lot easier to give than big sheets of dry wall. But I'm not asking for it. I thought about registering at Home Depot, but their registry is only good at the location you register at, and most of my guest list lives an hour plus away, and won't be shopping at my local Home Depot. There is no sears near by where I live and I don't really need tools, I need materials. If I were you I wouldn't register, and have your close friends and family put the word out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards