Not Engaged Yet
Options

Formal Introduction, after much lurking

Hello all, I've been on the knot for a while, browsing reading learning, etc etc. Finally made an account to post, because well some of the posts on here are very interesting, funny, ridiculous and just to entertaining to pass up. Anyways heres a little about me.

I like lists, so therefore this will be in a list.

I'm 22
NEY
Been with boyfriend 4 years
I'm on the knot because I help plan weddings for friends/family and like to know proper etiquette
My name is onnaleese you can call me pretty much whatever you can create off of that
I work for an eyeglasses shop with two opticians as the receptionist.
I will start apprenticing under them sometime next year most likely
I don't think i'm growner than I amWink

Any other questions feel free to ask and feel free to introduce yourself!

Re: Formal Introduction, after much lurking

• Options
    edited December 2011

You seem refreshingly normal/levelheaded. Please do not turn out to be a BSC beebee. Thanks.

Oh yeah, welcome. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011

aw you mean i can't come and ask for approval to go get eloped to BF because he's already a baby daddy and i'm jealous and our families dont approve?! Where am I to go now?!?!

Just kidding, no kids, no unapproving families, and I promise not to turn out to be a BSC Beebee

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, welcome!  I think I like you already!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_formal-introduction-after-much-lurking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:77823bc5-e4fc-4e25-8302-42bb38081c98Post:e64e0ee0-402a-4d19-b2bf-fd5fc3d95b35">Re: Formal Introduction, after much lurking</a>:
    [QUOTE]aw you mean i can't come and ask for approval to go get eloped to BF because he's already a baby daddy and i'm jealous and our families dont approve?! Where am I to go now?!?! Just kidding, no kids, no unapproving families, and I promise not to turn out to be a BSC Beebee
    Posted by MissOnnaleese[/QUOTE]

Oh. My. God. You even made a point to not capitalize anything and use obscene and incorrect amounts of punctuation. I officially heart you.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You're sassy, I like it.

Welcome :)
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in Boston are you from?

I live on the North Shore. : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hahaha, I think we'll all get along!

Katanne I'm about 2 hours from Boston, in a town no ones ever heard of, lol I think the closest thing to me that people have heard of is either New Hampshire or Vermont both of which are still a good 45 min drive.

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    lol I like you! welcome to the boards :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hmm....another normal one.. I was hoping for some entertainment.  But, I guess I'll just go ahead and welcome you to the board.  Wink

• Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was hoping you would be nuts too. The only thing that raised an eyebrow is that you're 22 and have been with the guy for 4 years. My math says you met when you were 18. Any chance he's 50 or so, was already married once to a woman closer to his eye, but she ended up being infertile, so he found himself a younger one and he was waiting for you to be of legal drinking age? That would give us something good to chew on for awhile.

Otherwise, all I've got is that 18 is awfully young to meet your life partner. Happens in movies. But you didn't actually say you want to marry this guy - you joined because you help other people plan their weddings. So I can't even jump on that. Thank you for posting a completely innocuous intro. Unless he's 50+. Then I'm all over it.
  • Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to not read while eating as well as drinking. I think I snorted rice at Paint's comment.

Welcome! Loved the whiney pseudo-beebee post. I like you already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Yay, another "normal" one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are a sassy one! haha love it

Welcome to the board

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is probably the warmest welcome I have seen on the boards....you seem fun =)

Tell us about the bf!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

cohn - hey now! We can be nice...sometimes;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha...all I meant was....there is usually some sas to go along with the hello =)

I didn't mean that in a nasty way....y'all crack me up!
  • Options
    bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha....it's like there's been a place with your SN on it just waiting. welcome to the fray!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Sorry i've disappointed some of you with my non crazy-ness. I can make fake whiney posts if you REALLY need me too haha

BF is 23 not 50 no previous marriages, pregnancies or crazy ex's.  I am boring now aren't I? Damn. Hopefully my humor can keep things spicey here. We have talked marriage, and have lived together for two years [ I moved out of my parents around 16 so I guess you could jump on that. If you'd like futher explanation on why with who i'll tell you the story!] but won't be getting married for a while.

About BF
    He's 23
    Great family
    We met at church when we were little.
    He works for Coca Cola
    And will be returning as an engineering student soon.

We're enjoying our relationship and seeing where it takes us

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome sane one.  I love the sarcasm! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards