Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Is this enough?

We're starting to look at registries, and I was wondering if this is a good amount of settings and things to start off with?

3 sets of table linens

8 sets of cups, plates, etc. 

8 sets of flatware

3 sets of dishes (pots, pans, etc) 

2 sets of bed linens

So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
planning bio // wedding

Re: Is this enough?

• Options
    I recommend 12 place settings (dinnerware, flatware).  That's usually the standard.  I also recommend around 20 or more cups (high ball, old fashioned, juice). 

What about wine glasses? Towels? Small kitchen appliances?

Do your research and don't register for cheap stuff.  Register for quality items.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_this-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:9c5e79b5-dae9-440b-9480-9716b12c7244Post:9a4173da-3fd4-4d20-8594-db749e3e7d3c">Re: Is this enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recommend 12 place settings (dinnerware, flatware).  That's usually the standard.  I also recommend around 20 or more cups (high ball, old fashioned, juice).  What about wine glasses? Towels? Small kitchen appliances? Do your research and don't register for cheap stuff.  Register for quality items.
    <p>Posted by Hellokatie0517[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Oh no, we're definitely registering for more than what I put on the list, lol. It's just I wasn't sure of quantities of the things on the list. :) </p>
    So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    planning bio // wedding
  • Options
    All I would say when it come to registering for place settings is register for a nicer set for entertaining of how ever much you think you will need based on friends and family.  Register for a regular everyday set, base that on how often you do dishes. If you do dishes everyday or every few days then you won't need a lot.  Just make sure you have enough if case a few friends over. My FI and I have a 4 piece set and have invited 2 friends over for a small dinner and they brought their brother.  Thankfully we have soup and ice bowls so we had enough for everyone.  We are adding some more pieces to our everyday setting.  Just think about those things and it will help you a lot with want to register for.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also suggest 12 settings.  We also bought a few extra with the GC's we got in case any break or need replacement.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards