Illinois

Champaign Reception Dilema!

My FI and I are planning to have our wedding next August and our guest list is right around 300 people.  We have two locations picked out for the reception but I can't decide which one to go with.  One site is a local community building in a town that is about a 20 minute drive away from the church and any hotels that guests would stay at.  The other location is a hotel banquet hall in Champaign.  The only problem is that the banquet hall at the hotel feels very small and we want to be able to have a large dance floor.  I'm concerned that if we have that many guests all of the tables will be too close together.  But I worry about everyone making the drive back from the small town venue.  I don't know what to do!  These are the only two options we have that are available on our date and don't cost thousands of dollards just to rent the space!

Re: Champaign Reception Dilema!

• afurrerafurrer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually looking at reception venues in the Champaign area for next October.  Do you mind if I ask which hotel  and which small town community hall your deciding between?  Several of my friends recently got married in that area this summer and with a little more detail, I may be able to tell if that's a venue they used and what they thought of it.  Thanks!
  • ltedlockltedlock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were trying to decide between the Hawthorn Inne & Suites & the Royal Community Building in Royal, IL.  We decided to go with the Royal Community Building, its nothing fancy but it fits our personalities better and allows me to use the caterer I want.  The Hawthorn had a $5,000 minimum in food and the community building has a $900 rental fee that allows you to have the building all day Friday and Saturday.
  • stkinselstkinsel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Refinery is really nice.  We are using them this November, and they do all the set up for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards