Florida-South Florida
Options

Hangers

After seeing Lgrn's awesome diy hangers I want one! But I suck at anything remotely crafty. LOL can anyone recommend which sellers they have used? I was looking at LilaFrances on etsy but some reviewers say it looks deformed when holding up the dress. I was also looking at twistedwords (they look nice) Any recommendations or reviews?

Also do you think Krista "heart" Jt will look weird because his name is so short? Should I just maybe do a heart? 

Re: Hangers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your name with his would look cute. I wouldnt get the all metal ones because how can that really hold up a dress?! look at these, (where I got my inspiration)
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62530722/brides-personalized-hangers?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=name%2Bhangers&ga_shopname=lilafrances&ga_filter=

They do the names in metal like i am doing and attach it to a wooden hanger.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from LilaFrances (this is it below)

it is awesome...but on the day of my wedding...the dress was too heavy for the hanger..so my photographer improvised for the pictures..(see below)  You can see the hanger bent in from the dress...but I have since put it back to its original shape...no problems there.

This hanger is not meant for heavy items...LilaFrances notes that on her site...but I still love it everyday!

After the wedding...the hanger is now in my closet with my 'Bride' silk robe on it. 

Note: if you order from LilaFrances...order it WAY ahead..she has about 6-10 week wait period...she has so many orders... That is why I ordered mine in May for my October wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey! I also want to do this. I have seen really cute hangeers at ross/marshalls in different colors and materials. I was thinking of getiing a pack of these hangers and using rhinestones and a glue gun to put the firist initial of each girl on their hanger. I think this might be more affordable!

I def keep track of this post as well! :)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Etsy DawnCraftStore.It is Ivory. She was awesome. I am going to get one for each one of my bridesmaid with there favorite colors. She was quick and very nice to work with.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62864732/custom-personalized-wire-bridal-hanger?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=personalized%2Bwedding%2Bhanger&ga_search_type=handmade

Anniversary
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of getting my bridesmaids ones in their favorite color! That is soo cute! Does she give a discount for multiple hangers?

Happybride- that sounds like a good idea as well! That doesn't sound too difficult (I'm not artsy at all!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure but you could definitly ask her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from twistedwords because I liked the little crystal she hangs form it and writes the date (or whatever you want) on the hanger as well. I haven't gotten it in yet but as soon as I do I'll post a pic & review. 
    I think    krista <3 jt    would look cute. I was deciding between mrs. davidoff and joey <3 anna  .... but I decided to go for the mrs. one since that emphasized the fact that we're married now.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Anaroo I love the jewel too! I can't wait to see your picture!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from LilaFrances from Etsy. It was actually perfect. i got my future hubby's last name: Mrs. Foltz - came out awesome, but it is very fragile, not sure if it will hold the weight of the dress, but its just for pics so i think itll be ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got minie from twistedwords. she was AWESOME! I waited till the last minute and she was able to squeeze mine in and get it to me during the holidays during the week of my jan 8th wedding. i ordered mine with crystals and our wedding date on one side and "Soon-to-Be Mrs. Castro" on the other side. the wire part said jenise heart albert ... it was adorable and held my dress just fine for the short time of the pictures. i highly recommend her and she does give discounts for multiple hanger orders. i'll actually be buying one as shower gifts for each of the 4 weddings of friends and cousins i have this year!!! see pics below...

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Jeni- Your dress was gorgeous! Thanks for the reviews. I think I'm going to buy mine from twisted words.

For the BM's depending on what is cheaper, has anyone ordered from this seller:

Its semi DIY so she does the word in the hanger and I guess I attach it to the hangers? Does that sound easy enough for a non crafty girl? 
  • Options
    lojohnsonlojohnson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies... I have a shop on etsy that I sell the custom bridal hangers as well.  I'd be happy to make one for your special day.  I do recommend the wooden hangers over the all wire ones for your dresses and the wire ones do tend to buckle with the weight of your dress. 

My etsy site is
    www.anyoccasioncreation.etsy.com please check it out and i do offer discounts for multiple orders. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards