Second Weddings
Options

Returning to Board

I have been off here do to personal issues, but now the wedding is going forward,  So I am back to gown searching.  I am an older second wedding Bride.  I am looking something that would look good on an older woman,  Does anyone have any ideas.  I have tried the BM's gowns and could not find something, I want to be a Bride and would like to wear a bridal gown, but I can not find one that looks like it fits someone my age.  Any ideas would be awsome.

Re: Returning to Board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think whatever you feel comfortable in is what you should wear.  I'm a plus size girl and found an evening wear outfit at Catherine's that is working for me.  You might have to think outside the box.  My outfit is a skirt, top and sheer jacket with some sparkle to it.  I'm sure the ladies here will have lots of suggestions.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a 46 year old bride, second wedding for me, first for FI who is also currently dress shopping.  Do not get discouraged.  I am currently looking at mermaid type dresses.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, don't write off the bridal shops.  I got mine at David's, larger size with sleeves and a modest neckline, and I am 55.  Be prepared, though, some salespersons automatically assume that you are the MOB.  My sister and I just laughed about it.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked and looked and looked.  I was almost 50 when I got married for the second time.  And ended up at all places, THE place I said I would never buy from.  David's Bridal.  I bought a "special occasion" dress.   So, even if you go into the bridal salons, be sure to ask to see those dresses too. 

Maybe we can help give you some ideas if you give us an idea of what type/style you're going for? 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well I know I do not want the big puffy gowns, and I was also looking for maybe a mermaid style.  I would like to have lace instead of all the beading.  Thanks for all your help.

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ClassySnow you might want to look at Casa Blanca Bridal they have some great slim A lines, mermaids and trumpet skirted dresses that are resonable, a lot of their gowns have sleeves or bolero jackets.  They also come with enough structure that you don't feel like they are going to fall off. 

Unless you absolutely love Mon Cheri Bridal I would encourage you to stay away.  The gowns don't always arrive as ordered and they are heavy they add a lot of bulk to their gowns with the inner-courset and the satin to cover it so it looks smooth. I "won" my gown from MCB and by the end of our reception I was overheated. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards