Oregon

Astoria!

I tried searching but all that really came up was the hotel in NY.

I am originally from Astoria and would like to get married there. I would love to get marreid in the Flavel house garden but that's not final yet, might go with Shively park instead.

I want to hear all about it if you got married in or near Astoria, used Astoria businesses, etc. I see some posts about Cannon Beach but that's about it.
And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
June siggy challenge!

Re: Astoria!

• edited December 2011
    Although this is a board for all of Oregon, sadly, most people are from Portland, so that tends to flood the board.  I wish I could help you out, but I am not from Astoria and don't know much about the area (cept for kinda where its located)
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's anoying that if I look up any vendors, they are just from Portland. Sometimes "Oregon" isn't even a choice, just "Portland". Ugh, there is more than one town in Oregon!

I guess it's up to the vendors to actually advertise on here though.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a really lovely wedding in Astoria last year that was at the Loft at the Red Building - http://www.theredbuildingloft.com/
    It was a really beautiful site for a mid-sized wedding. I think they most likely also have a list of vendors who work in Astoria (I know a lot of vendors won't charge you for travel within the state).

Good luck!
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I know exactly what building that is and had no idea how gorgeous it was on the inside!

I am pretty adamant about an outdoor wedding (though nothing's set in stone so I'll keep this in mind) but there is a great list of photographers and florists on their site. Thanks a lot!

ETA: Ooh, I am familiar with a lot of these caterers because of their restaurants and didn't know they catered. Super helpful. Again, THANK YOU! :D
    June siggy challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards