Jewish Weddings
Options

Engraving Rings

My FI and I want to get our wedding bands engraved with Ani l'dodi v'dodi li on the inside.  But we want to get them engraved in Hebrew script rather than in English.  Does anyone know a place that does that? We figure we'll need to send them away to New York or even Israel to get that done, so we want to make sure we have PLENTY of time to get this done.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engraving Rings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have purchased other jewelry from this shop -Personalized Boutique, Inc. - and found them to be very helpful and easy to work with. I do not know if they engrave on the rings that already own but I know that they have the capability of engraving in Hebrew.

also H.Stern is a international chain of jewelry stores. They have several branches in Israel and also one in South Florida. I know that they engrave Hebrew on jewelry here in Israel so you could check with their branch there or in NY.

I live in Jerusalem so if you cannot find any other options, I would be happy to recommend the jeweler we used here.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen, are you from Mississippi? if so, from where? I live in Jackson now but am from Houston. Our weddings are a week apart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Latin Gold on the 5th Floor in the Seybold building. The guy is really nice and pretty quick! Our rings were done within 24 hrs. We paid $10 for each ring.

edit: the Seybold building is in downtown Miami.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to talk with your rabbi about having them engraved before rather than after the ceremony.  Some more traditional rabbis insist that the ring have no engraving on it when used in the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much guys!  And we did talk to our rabbi about this the other day - he said there was no religious issue, but he thought engraving a ring was about the weirdest thing he'd ever heard of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you already have the rings? There are several places online that sell rings that are engraved with ani l'dodi (or another Hebrew text of your choice). We got ours through IsraelBlessing . com - they shipped from Israel and I think it took less than a week...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards