Military Brides

Hair

Brides who serve how are you wearing your hair for the big day? I'm in Navy, so I wear my hair up in a bun everyday. I'd always thought about wearing my hair up for my wedding, but now I'm not so sure. I don't want it to look like it does every day at work. Thats one day, that I don't want people to say "She looks just like she does at work". The Navy cut all my hair off last May for bootcamp, and right now it's just at my shoulders. Do any of you know how to get your hair to grow faster? I've been taking "hair growth" vitamins, but i don't really think they are working.. And as far as an actual style, I want really long luscious curls, just beautiful hair, but i just don't know how long it will get by December. Thanks a bunch!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair

• edited December 2011
    I don't serve but my FI does. I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while. At first it was so it to donate it but now I also want longer hair for the wedding. I wish it would grow faster but it's just not gonna happen. 
    If you do want just longer hair, you can always try for some extensions. They have really good ones out that look like natural hair. If you don't do anything too drastic most people probably couldn't even guess that you had them in, especially if you have your hair in bun every day. I know it can be expensive but it is an option....
  • billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard prenatal vitamins helps your hair grow faster.... but not just your hair on your head--your hair everywhere.

Other than that--minimize heat like hairdryers and straightening irons and when you use them make sure you use a protective cream.  Don't brush your hair wet, instead comb it---those two things will keep it stronger and with less breakage.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I HATE that the Navy is the only branch that makes you cut all your hair off in boot camp..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    if you want your hair to grow faster, my hairdresser told me to get it very slightly trimmed every 6 weeks. I know it sounds weird to cut it so that it'll grow faster, but if keeps it healthier and any damage will be cut off instead of traveling up the hair to the root which makes it grow slowly. Just ask for a microtrim and have the minimal amount cut off, you'll hardly be able to tell the difference, but the ends will look and feel more fresh.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of people massaging the scalp to increase blood flow and thus nutrients that reach your hair follicles. Tell your FI that you need a scalp massage! lol It will feel good and it might help your hair grow, who knows.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d2df049c-0b0a-4410-8936-458dabbe5a31Post:42ea7b4e-ab28-42b2-8cbf-0ac781884ef4">Re: Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you want your hair to grow faster, my hairdresser told me to get it very slightly trimmed every 6 weeks. I know it sounds weird to cut it so that it'll grow faster, but if keeps it healthier and any damage will be cut off instead of traveling up the hair to the root which makes it grow slowly. Just ask for a microtrim and have the minimal amount cut off, you'll hardly be able to tell the difference, but the ends will look and feel more fresh.
    Posted by pie508[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah this too.  Make sure your stylist knows you are gowing your hair out so you would like her to cut off as little as possible in order to keep it healthy.  Sometimes if you sayd "ild like a trim" they take it as make it look like it did last time kind of thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards