Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

How to get ordained online...

Hi Guys!
Wondering if anyone has had anyone do this or know of a site to do it? Getting married next summer, and wanting something special for my brother to do in the wedding.. Could have him as groomsment or bridesman (whatever it is), but being as both FI and I are not religious, I would LOVE to have him marry us... Any good ideas?

Re: How to get ordained online...

• Check out Universal Life Church at www.ulc.org. It's no one religion and anyone can get ordained. For my first wedding, my sister/MOH and the ex's best friend/best man got ordained through that site to officiate our wedding. (And yes, do check and make sure it's legal in your city/state first of course!)
  • tenofcupsforme- When your relatives were ordained from ulc.org, how does that work due to it's on the internet?  Does it count for any state?  I live in NH and the rule is, you can be married  "by any minister of the gospel in the state who has been ordained according to the usage of his or her denomination, resides in the state, and is in regular standing with the denomination"
    Also, does anyone know what rules you follow- the rules for the county that you will be married in, or the county that you live in?   We are getting married in the same state that we live in, but a different county. 
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards