Canada-Ontario

Graydon Hall?

I've started looking for venues for a reception and I really love the look of Graydon Hall. I am looking at the morning/afternoon rate to keep it in budget. The grounds look just gorgeous, but I am just starting my research now. I would love to hear from anyone who has been there in person, had a wedding there, attended a wedding there or has any sort of opinion! Is it generally a well regarded place? If not, I would love any recommendations for similar facilites in the GTA, preferably the closer to Toronto the better!

Thanks!

Re: Graydon Hall?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful!  I remember from research that you have to rent absolutely everything for a wedding there, which is why we didn't choose it - we wanted a more "all inclusive" place in terms of catering & location.  They also cannot hold a large guest number.

It has beautiful grounds, would be great for pictures, and is perfect for a small reception!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about it from acquaintances who have attended weddings or been married there, but I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience. But generally from what I've heard, it is pretty well regarded.

Try the Estates of Sunnybrook as well. The food there is great and they have lovely spots for pictures.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there, but I really loved it.  We had to nix it as being too small, but it's absolutely gorgeous.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • luvmydoodleluvmydoodle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ring_pop, we will look into Estates of Sunnybrook as well... it is quite nearby where we live so it should be convenient to visit. Glad to hear good things about Graydon Hall though! We are planning on having under 100 people to keep the costs down as we are both students!

• edited December 2011
    if you want somewhere really inexpensive where you can DIY, check out Spadina House. It is owned by the city and super cheap to rent!!!

Graydon Hall is gorgeous but a bit pricey but perfect for a small reception, as pp said! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards