Wisconsin
Options

NWR: Maybe moving to Eau Claire?

Hi ladies! I'm from the Twin Cities in Minnesota, but my fiance has a very promising interview in Eau Claire this coming week. We booked a night at Metropolis and are going to spend the remaining time after the interview looking at apartments, townhomes, houses, and trying to get to know the city. I'm almost positive he'll get the job, so I was just wondering, is it really nice in Eau Claire? I've heard it's really nice, but nothing specific. Does anyone go to the school? I'm going for Elementary Education and just applied to the college just in case he gets the job. Just wanted to know people's input on Eau Claire for living :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Maybe moving to Eau Claire?

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to UWEC (graduated in 1995).  The elem ed program is very good.  I really enjoyed liveing there, but I learned I am more of a city girl and EC just wasn't big enough.  My folks moved there a couple of years ago so I get to visit often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister lives there and likes it... although like PP said it is kind of a small town.  I have heard good things about the Edu program there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RoseBud3891RoseBud3891 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the Eau Claire area in a pretty small town not far from it. We go to EC all the time if we want to do anything. Eau Claire is a big town to us! Haha... It's a great town! Nothing like the Twin Cities, but you'll adjust.
    I go to UW-Stout but have friends at UWEC that love it there. Stout has a really good Early Childhood Education program as well if you're looking for options, but I've never heard anything negative about UWEC, so don't stress there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BarbErickBarbErick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at UWEC now.  I know a lot people going for El. Ed., and they seem to really like the program.  I considered transferring at one point, but couldn't leave.  I love it here; the area is great, there are a lot of opportunities, but it can still be a really close community.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your input ladies! Paul and I are actually in Eau Claire and so far, so good :) We'll see how everything pans out. Thanks again :):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards