Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• I confess ...I did not know that a ceasar salad is actually pretty bad for you. It's pretty upsetting to think you're eating healthy and find out you're not really.
  • I confess that I am feeling overwhelmed by the new job I was AWing about being promoted to last week. Not only am I training the replacement for my old position but I have 2 students I am precepting as well. They are all doing good jobs but its a lot of people to monitor for mistakes, etc. so I am stressed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just want my Christmas break to start. I have no motivation to finish out the week. All I want to do is hang out with DH and start on my desserts for Christmas dinner, but alas, work is standing in my way :( Oh, and I'm not participating in the potluck at work today. Potlucks gross me out and everyone stares you down to make sure you try their food.
  • I am exhausted.  I barley slept last night and my finger hurts so bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ::sighs:: I'm agitated. FI just tried to make brunch, this is the first time he has ever cooked for me (besides grilling) and it was a freakin disaster. He used one of my favorite pans, one that I use for only certain things because it's the best one we have and I don't want it messed up.

He burnt the food on it so badly that it's going to take a miracle and a LOT of elbow grease to clean.

I know I sound ungrateful but I just wish he would have let me cook. Now there is a huge mess to clean up and he is running out the door to do errands. Leaving me with a horrible mess. 

I must be close to pms'ing because for some reason this makes me want to cry. =/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so irritated my stupid cold hasn't gone away.  I've been sick for over a week and it sucks.  Plus now I can't go see my grandparents on Saturday because my grandpa isn't doing well and he can't be exposed to germs.  GRRRR

Loton - feel better! 

Rachael - I hear you on the holiday break.  I am barely getting anything done at work and I just want to goooooooo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:05c06fc2-c9f2-4b5b-813b-f27a68dcc321">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I rarely share a bed anymore because he keeps snoring. We've tried everything. It isn't sleep apnea. We think it's because he started smoking again and gained about 20 pounds over the summer. He keeps talking about quitting smoking again (he quit for two years and then started again when he got a stressful new job), but it hasn't happened yet. I miss sleeping with him. The only way I can is if I take melatonin and start falling asleep before he comes to bed. If he falls asleep before me, I have to move to the spare bedroom because there's no way I'm getting to sleep. We even tried that silly trick of attaching a tennis ball to the back of his shirt so he doesn't sleep on his back, but he snores when he's on his side too. /facepalm
    Posted by burntofferings[/QUOTE]

My FI snores a lot too - it's really upsetting particularly because he's unemployed right now and I have to get up early and go to work, so when he saunters to bed at 4am and wakes me up with snoring I get so upset it makes me want to cry. I'm a light sleeper and once I'm woken up I tend to not be able to fall back asleep.

The snoring definitely didn't use to happen, but I think it has a lot to do with weight gain and not enough physical activitiy in a day.

I've found that those nose strips tend to help a lot. Have you tried those?
  • I don't understand my grandma.  She asked if I paid for my dress completely yet (which I did) and she was questioning that.  This was after she asked if the wedding was still on.  I don't get it, I love my grandma and she usually gets me and things but lately she's been questioning everything wedding related when I talk to her. 
  • iI confess I freaked out on DH again this morning.  The agreement is that he wakes me up in the morning, so every night I let him know what time I need my feet on the ground the following day (it varies because my start time at work is anytime between 730 and 830).  Today he must have hit "off" instead of "snooze" and I woke up 10 minutes before I had to leave, when I wanted 45 minutes.  I turned into a raging biitch and did everything I could to make sure he didn't get to sleep in after that.  He finally stormed out of the bedroom and said he was just going to leave to run errands (which I later found out was last minute gift shopping for me).  I ended up apologizing and things were fine before we left, but I feel just awful.  We met up for lunch on my break  which was a nice way to enjoy eachother's company.  We also have agreed to change our alarm clock location, so it is on my side of the bed.

I also confess that we have decided to open gifts with eachother Christmas Eve morning because we can not keep our mouths shut longer than that.  We were originally going to open them Christmas night after all of our traveling Saturday and Sunday, but we realized we will spend about 8 hours in the car together those two days and will eventually give eachother so many hints that there will be more surprises.  So now we are waking up early Saturday and having a fake Christmas morning here :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:14b6fa1b-2079-431b-b901-384729ff4b54">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong> I also confess that we have decided to open gifts with eachother Christmas Eve morning</strong> because we can not keep our mouths shut longer than that.  We were originally going to open them Christmas night after all of our traveling Saturday and Sunday, but we realized we will spend about 8 hours in the car together those two days and will eventually give eachother so many hints that there will be more surprises.  So now we are waking up early Saturday and having a fake Christmas morning here :)
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

<div>We are doing the same but for a different reason. Fi is work noon to 8pm on Christmas eve and then we are heading to my parents were we will spend the night and go to more parties of Christmas Day. We won't be home until late on Christmas Day and exhausted. I want us to be excited to open our gifts so we will do it early. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:6a0199e8-b1d6-43da-a513-e8ae0888d086">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : We are doing the same but for a different reason. Fi is work noon to 8pm on Christmas eve and then we are heading to my parents were we will spend the night and go to more parties of Christmas Day. We won't be home until late on Christmas Day and exhausted. I<strong> want us to be excited to open our gifts so we will do it early. 
    </strong>Posted by LOTON01[/QUOTE]

This was definitely another deciding factor, because we are doing Christmas eve morning with his immediate family in Grand Haven, 3.5 hour drive, Christmas eve night boozing, and eating and presents with my birth mother's extended family, Christmas morning breakfast and presents with my birth mother's immediate family, 1.5 hour drive, presents and dinner with my family then a 2 hour drive home.  So, after all of that in 2 days, we will not even be excited for presents anymore.
  • I confess that FI and I went to our first church-related marriage prep thing over the weekend and I did not find it to be all that helpful. One of the couples running it was really, really weird and would tell their weird stories to make the teachings seem "relatable". We just kept exchanging "are they serious?' looks with the couple next to us. It was uncomfortable. I am really not looking forward to the rest of these meetings :/

I also confess that I wasted almost an entire day on a really stupid mistake at work. In the end I was able to figure out the screw-up, but I feel like such a dummy!
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:716ee296-02c5-456d-b724-c009bd26927a">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that FI and I went to our first church-related marriage prep thing over the weekend and I did not find it to be all that helpful. One of the couples running it was really, really weird and would tell their weird stories to make the teachings seem "relatable". We just kept exchanging "are they serious?' looks with the couple next to us. It was uncomfortable. I am really not looking forward to the rest of these meetings :/.  I also confess that I wasted almost an entire day on a really stupid mistake at work. In the end I was able to figure out the screw-up, but I feel like such a dummy!
    Posted by emilynnp[/QUOTE]

For our marriage prep. if was just a series of meetings with the pastor and I will be honest, I did not take much out of it.  DH and I really had discussed all of the common issues he brought up and then a ton more that weren't covered.  It was nice for us to get to know our pastor and for him to get to know us but in the sense of strengthening our relationship and preparing for the hardships of marriage, it did not really accomplish anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:5d385548-9ae2-4386-9aab-0c2e165e4c73">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess ...I did not know that a ceasar salad is actually pretty bad for you. It's pretty upsetting to think you're eating healthy and find out you're not really.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

<div>I confess I know how bad it is for you but eat it anyway because then I feel healthier than eating a burger and it tastes yummy!</div>
  • VENT: MY RIGHT FOOT IS GINORMOUS. I AM PISSSSSSSSSED.

So I honestly do not know what happened but Sunday my toes/foot (mainly my toes) were sore. It was the "good" kind of sore where I could step on my toes and it was like pushing a bruise.. it really didn't hurt that bad. I shrugged it off. 

It hurt Monday. 
    It hurt Tuesday. 
    It really hurt Tuesday night. 
    It ached this morning. 
    It throbbed this afternoon.
    It ballooned this evening!

My entire right foot is swollen and it basically ruined my time at the Detroit Opera House to see Wicked (for the first time). I luckily have nothing to do tomorrow so I'm going to use the RICE method (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). 

But my vent is not that I'm in pain but that I don't know what happened! If I stepped on something, or kicked something, I would be pissed at myself but now I'm just pissed that I don't know what happened! ughhh (but I am thankful I don't have to work!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:cb546556-d0ef-4344-92d4-ac9d1ea35b40Post:544346ab-05f8-4403-b3d6-d59bc0028e37">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I confess I know how bad it is for you but eat it anyway because then I feel healthier than eating a burger and it tastes yummy!
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Fair enough..I still feel better choosing to eat the salad over pizza and fries that everyone else was eating, but it's still KIND OF disappointing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards