Wedding Etiquette Forum

Announcement question

My fiancé is coming to spend the weekend with me, and promised that we could submit our invite order (pick the stationary and have them printed...we'll put them together later, obviously). FMIL requested that when we order the invites, we get announcements printed as well, for her family who are not invited but she would like to let know about the wedding.  She wants to send these out after the wedding has taken place.

I hate announcements, I think they're a slap in the face, but they are what she wants and they will be going to her family only, AND she offered to pay for them, so I guess I can't complain too loudly.  My question is, is it appropriate to word the announcement as such:

FMIL and FFIL would like to announce the marriage of their son
FI Middle
to 
Me Middle
on September 10, 2011 in [city, state].

It that's not appropriate, how would you word it?

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Announcement question

• I think that sounds fine.
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_announcement-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e8bb35ef-fe1a-492f-b117-20ff2ff61226Post:ba4cc4eb-d98d-414c-9a5e-66e5f0a8fb2f">Re: Announcement question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds good- could you just do an announcement in the paper?
    Posted by Pesapenny[/QUOTE]

<div>I would definitely consider it IF they lived in the area.  They live in California and we're in Pennsylvania, so she just wants to mail them directly to them.  There's only about 10 families she wants to send them to (all cousins of hers), so really, it's not like it's a huge deal, especially since she's paying for them.</div>

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards