Ohio-Columbus

Anita Kline cakes

I have heard such wonderful things about Anita Kline on here (I'm a regular viewer of posts, although this is the first I'm posting) that I scheduled a meeting with her. She asked me to let her know what flavor cakes and fillings we wanted to taste. I was wondering how many flavors people typically try at the first tasting. My fiance, parents, and I have come up with a list of about 5. Is that too many? Not enough? Suggestions? Thanks everyone!!

Re: Anita Kline cakes

• edited December 2011
    Shoot, girl, this is the most fun part!!! Try as many as you think you'll like, I say!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought at first that we could only choose a few, but Anita ended up making all of them for us (and we had around that number). Other tastings I've been to before her would give us maybe between 2-3 flavors but we couldn't choose which ones. Just one more reason why I loved Anita so much... you can tell she wants you to be happy and she works hard for you from the very beginning to earn your business. :) One place I went to served chocolate and white cake...nothing special. It tasted like it could have come out of a betty crocker box. The owner had TONS of flavors on her list to choose from, but I wouldn't choose something I couldn't taste first and that turned me off. Plus, after meeting with Anita, there was no question that she was the best we found!
  • Bharrin2Bharrin2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tasted 3 cakes and 3 frostings. Once you meet with Anita you will love her! I thought it was amazing that she uses a little hand mixer or her muscles to do everything, she doesnt use a big mixer because she thinks it puts too much air in the batter. You will see that she truly loves the art of cakes and isnt just in it for the money.
  • edited December 2011
    i had 4 flavors of cake and 5 flavors of icing. and there were a total of 5 of us at the tasting.... yeah it was my attempt to quiet people who were complaining that we wern't involving them in anything......Good luck. and try not to drool!
  • edited December 2011
    We asked for 4 different flavors, we aren't really into chocolate, and we tried to pick flavors that most of our guests would enjoy. Because we didn't know which fillings would go best with the flavors we wanted to taste, we had Anita pick the specialty fillings that would compliment the flavors best. She ended up making all 5 of the specialty mousse fillings and she also had fresh strawberry filling. Yum! Halfway through the meeting my fiance had already cleaned his plate and then started eating what was left of the mousse!
  • edited December 2011
    I meet with her on Monday and gave her 6 flavors including cheesecake and 3 different fillings. I asked her how many favlors we could do and she said as many as we want, but shes not responsible for the sugar high. :) I have heard the spice cake is delicious...I will get back to you after Mondays tasting!!
  • kerrkerr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tasted 4 and 4 which was perfect! Enjoy!
  • ehampuehampu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have our tasting next Sunday and cannot wait!  I'm having a tough time deciding which flavors to try but I am sure they are all wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    So I just had my tasting last night and it was sooo good! Anita is really nice. I showed up with some pictures and ideas of what I like and we were really able to talk together to come up with what I think is a really creative cake.We sampled the red velvet, spice, vanilla, choc, and marble. We decided to go with 3 flavors: Spice with the buttercream frosting, Chocolate cake with raspberry filling and choc buttercream, and Vanilla cake with vanilla mouse and strawberries. All of her flavors were delicious...it was a hard choice!Make sure you try all the mousse and ganache flavors with a few of the fruit fillings....it will surprise you how much you love them!
  • Anita made the cake for my wedding and my sisters (10 months apart). They were both AMAZING and exactly what we each wanted and each of them were truely individual. I asked for only buttercream frosting and she made my dream wedding cake come to life. Anita was one of my favorite vendors and I would HIGHLY recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards