South Carolina
Options

ceremony on beach

I live in MD, and my fiance and i are palnning on getting married on the beach in Myrlte Beach.
Our plan we to rent a house on the beach big enough for the two of us and have family stay in a hotel. Which we have found a couple.
THen do a dinner and have the reception back home.
The ceremony is going to be small, so i guess my question is do i need to have a permit or anything to get married on the beach there?
 Also is there anything i should know about getting a marriage licesnes there?
one more question does anyone have a suggstions for a place to get my flowers? I would like to have cala lillies.
thanks in advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ceremony on beach

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately the city of Myrtle Beach doesnt allow commerica weddings (meaning having someone marry you with materials,and witness); however, if the resort, or place is privately owned in the city of myrtle beach, then it is up to that place to allow or not allow a beach ceremony. We are getting married in front of Sea Watch Resort, next to Kingston Plantation, in the city limits of MB, but privately owned. We are also having our reception there too, I would just call around the hotels of MB to see which ones are privately owned, and which ones arent! :) HTH !

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • Options
    kb0489kb0489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank for the tip!
    See our problem is we have to bring our dogs, which means we would have to rent a house and couldnt stay in hotel.
    I was thinking about contacting Seaside Wedding Chapel, see that some of their locations are beaches.
    when you mean in the city of myrtle beach, do you mean like ocean isle, and cherry grove?
    We got down every summer, because my grandparents live in calabash NC and we always go to cherry grove. thanks again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll also add that your date is July 16th. The beach will be packed on that date. I know you have probably thought about it but if you are going for a more intimate wedding it may not happen around the strip of Myrtle.

I believe that Ocean isle and cherry grove are part of the city but I could be wrong.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's brother got married through Seaside Chapel.  It's nice and everything is really done for you but like others said, it's not really private and intimate.  He got married on June 29 and there were a lot of people on the beach watching if that would bother you at all.  Their ceremony was on a beach in North Myrtle Beach.
  • Options
    kb0489kb0489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah were going to change our date, that was from when we first got engaged and i needed to add a date. it will be sometime between may-september, depending on school.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've worked on beach through the city of NMB and it gets super crowded, especially from June 1 - August 25th!  Later in the evenings it dies off about 5-6 PM but there are still a bunch of people about. 

Someone made a comment about Cherry Grove and if it was part of the city, just wanted to confirm that yes it is part of NMB.  I'm not sure about MB proper and surfside and such.

I'm planning to get married in MB as well, but knowing how early I needed to be at the beach to set up umbrellas so they wouldn't be blocked by the big tents, I've already dropped the beach idea.  Besides, my family is from Wisconsin and it get's super hot! They all would hate me! XD
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yah north MB and Mb are two different city limits, and cherry grove is in north myrtle, almost north carolina! Lol! And the dogs are they going to be with you during the ceremony? If so, they only allow them, during the summer dates, on the beach before like 8 or 9 am and after 5 pm. Just a note! :) Seaside Wedding chapel is a really nice! They are wiling to go on location as well, but when I called the guy emphasized whether I was going to be in city limits of MB or not, and I said yes. He was like "well then I almost got arrested the other day while about to do a ceremony, so I dont really like to do them on the beach in MB". I said "well its a good thing we can because its legally owned haha"

we havent decided on an officiant yet! lol fi is super indecisive, keeps thinking he may want his brother to do it..eh thats a whole nother topic!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • Options
    kb0489kb0489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i remember from being down in the summer they cant be on the beach untill later, so we could probably havve the wedding around 6pm, because yes our three pups will be in the wedding, which should be interesting. I called the seaside chapel and they suggested sunset beach to get married at, since we wanted to have family present. so i guess we'll go with that.
    thanks for all the help, this is a ton of work while in school, not sure if ill be able to pull it off by the summer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do it! Im in school, and applying to grad school, plus working,a nd planning out beach wedding for april! Its possible, :) just gotta use the time wisely I guess haha~

• Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into Litchfield Beach...It's about 20 minutes South of Myrtle Beach... It is very pretty and much more quiet!  (There aren't a bunch of people on the beach and their are lots of vacation homes for rent). 

May would definitely be the best time...It's not quite as crowded around here!

If you need a photographer, I would highly recommend Christa Harder Photography!!!  She is awesome and her prices are competitive.  (www.christaharder.com)
  • Options
    ssunkissssunkiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are set on having a beach wedding you should look south of MB in the Garden City,Litchfield and Pawleys Island area. Huntington Beach is wonderful for beach weddings large or small and can be less crowded than the beaches in MB... Myrtle has way to many laws during the summer and FYI you can't have Dogs on the beach anytime in MB in the summer time.. Learned the Hard way
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yah the dogs have to be on leashes :( People are realy anal about it here! lol!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from out of town but i looked at Huntington beach state park, i think that is where we are going to have the ceremony.  I went there the last week before school started and it was not that busy later in the day.  However i am having a hard time finding a place to party after.  A lot of places close up so early.  I am having a small wedding less then 100.  Any good places out there
  • Options
    britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently shot a wedding at Ocean Lakes. If you wait until later in the evening the beach is less crowded and you can rent a house for the reception.

If you are looking for a photographer check out: Brittany Mauldin Photography

brittanymauldinphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards