Second Weddings

NWR: DH had his surgery

Sorry i've not been around lately, things have been crazy the last month or so for us.  But I did want to pop in and let y'all know that DH had his surgery on Wednesday to replace his pulmonary valve. They were able to use the transcatheter pulmonary valve, meaning that instead of having a huge cut down the front of his chest, he's got a hole about the size of a ballpoint pen in his right groin. But the valve has been put in place, and it is working fabulously! He was already feeling better than he had in a long time, even when he was still laying in the hospital shortly after the surgery (he had to have one overnight stay before being released). He's healing very well, when he left the hospital his pain and soreness on a scale of 1 to 10 was about a 5, now it's more like a 1 or 2. He's taking OTC pain relievers and that's more than enough for him pain-wise. We left the hospital yesterday and he'll be fit to travel by tomorrow, so we'll be headed back to Kansas City then. I'm so glad that he feels better. :) Thanks for all your T&P's throughout all of this! We both really appreciate it.

Re: NWR: DH had his surgery

• edited December 2011
    Excellent!  Truly a wonderful Christmas present for you both. 
  • edited December 2011
    YAY! Congratulations.  The best Christmas present ever
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wonderful news! What a GREAT Christmas present for you both!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • Thank you for the update! I'm so glad it went well, and hopefully it solves his problem for many years.
  • Thank you for the update and I'm so glad to hear that things went so well!!!
  • Thanks everyone! We're back in Kansas City now. We've only had one day where DH's pain level went out of control, but we think it was a combination of the 5 hour car trip the day before, and DH trying to get around too much without his wooden staff to support the leg. He's since doing better again. He usually takes a little longer to heal than most people, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish healing from this until next week, even though they told us he should be healed by tomorrow.
  • Congratulations on the success of of the surgery!  I hope he his recovery continues in a positive direction.  This is such good news.  I am very happy for both of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards