Wedding Reception Forum

BRIDESMAIDS DANCE

My bridesmaids and I want to do a dance by ourselves. Any suggestions?

Something modest with no hip-hop, etc.

Six girls total!

Thanks!

Re: BRIDESMAIDS DANCE

• Macarena

No, if you want to do a dance, make it a short one (as a guest I hate watching all the "special dances").  Also, make it one that means something to you and your friends.  Internet strangers are unlikely to help you there.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Maybe do something that you end with everyone dancing with you.  Something fun and meaningful for you, like pp said =) 
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_bridesmaids-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:7e28479b-0edb-4740-8584-53e0ec353aefPost:70cb09a3-4516-4fd1-b3c5-12c51e406b7f">BRIDESMAIDS DANCE</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My bridesmaids and I want to do a dance by ourselves.</strong> Any suggestions? Something modest with no hip-hop, etc. Six girls total! Thanks!
    Posted by starhan07[/QUOTE]

Who's idea was this?  Did they come to you and say "hey, let's do a dance!!!"  or did you say "Hey, do you guys want to do a dance, it would be totally fun!"  I think that makes a difference.  They may not have wanted to say no to your face, but probably don't really want to do a choreographed dance, unless you all were in some kind of dance company together and this is normal for you.

ETA:  Also, is this something where people are forced to sit there and watch you, like right after your first dance?  Or is it something that when the DJ plays the song, you'll get out and dance to it and people can be in coversation and watch/ join if they want?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_bridesmaids-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:7e28479b-0edb-4740-8584-53e0ec353aefPost:0a2f780c-2268-4e95-9ae2-a4b4a324a0b5">Re: BRIDESMAIDS DANCE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Macarena No, if you want to do a dance, make it a short one (as a guest I hate watching all the "special dances").  Also, make it one that means something to you and your friends.  Internet strangers are unlikely to help you there.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i go to a wedding to see the bride and groom. watching the bridal party dance is boring imo. skip it.

• I agree with adktd2boots -- sounds like we need a bride wake-up call.  I bet $20 the bridesmaids are all crossing their fingers that the bride forgets about this and they don't have to do some dorky dance, in front of strangers, in dresses they probably don't really like.  Just let them relax and have fun!
  • Fun idea, it reminids me of the dance they did in 'You Again'! Super cute! If your bridesmaids are truly on board with doing this then I might reserve it for the rehersal dinner (depending on the venue and how formal/informal). It would be fun to see at the reception especially since I'm not a big fan of the special dances..snooze. But if you have too many 'special' dances it turns into more of a recital then a fun, upbeat wedding reception. *Bottomline its your wedding if your girls are in then go for it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards