Pre-wedding Parties

How many places should you register for?

I was originally only going to do 2 but my SIL said I should do 3 and give people options. Just wondering what the norm is! 

Re: How many places should you register for?

• LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The more important thing is to register for a wide financial range than a large number of places, unless one of those places is only available locally. For instance, if you wanted to register at a store that is only in your family's hometown, you might consider also registering at two national stores and then have 3... but even then, I think most people can get by with two. Otherwise you have to keep track of what you've put on three DIFF registries so that you don't have overlapping items and that can just be way too confusing.

Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Norm is one to three; I didn't vote because I don't think one number necessarily suits all.

We did three:  BBB, Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn.

But PP is right.  The most important thing is having a sufficient number of items to suit all price ranges.
  • edited December 2011
    I also considered where my guests were coming from. I tried to pick places that most of them could easily get to, and of course, like PP said, things that cover a wide range of budgets. We registered at 3: Pottery Barn, BBB, and Target
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 2-3 registries is the most common. You should have more than 1 because it gives your guests an option on where to shop for you. We registered at Crate & Barrel, Target, and BBB. If we could go back and do it again, we would have eliminated Target because most of what we had there could have been found at BBB. Target was cleaned out while our favorite registry which was Crate & Barrel was barely touched.
  • heytay89heytay89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I registered with 2 places; Carnival and BBB. We're going on a cruise for our honeymoon and the carnival registry allows people to contribute to the cost of the cruise or pay for excursions that we've chosen. So far everyone thinks that it's a great idea. We really only did the BBB registry so that people who wanted to go to a store and buy us an actual gift would be able to, we really just want people to use the Carnival one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards