Virginia

Roanoke Wedding Reviews

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to post my reviews of all of our wedding vendors from our November 7 wedding.

Reception Venue- Holiday Inn at Valley View = A+
Rhonda, the wedding coordinator, is awesome. They were very accomodating and I never had to lift a finger the day of the wedding. In addition, we did not have to pay for the room as long as we spent at least $1,900 in food. We had an evening reception and the total cost without alcohol was $3,600. That was for a sit-down dinner and included all linens and chair covers. Awesome!!

Photographer- Bert Reed Photography = A+
Bert was awesome. He is an amazing photographer and he posted our pictures online just a few days after the wedding so we got to look at them on the honeymoon. Bert has a really easy-going personality and made me feel calm & comfortable on the big day.

Brides House & Formals = F
I don't know where to start with this but if you live in roanoke, DO NOT order your dress from here. They ordered my bridesmaid dress in the wrong color. They didn't realize my wedding dress had come in and one day when I was in there I saw it on the shelf where other people had tried it on! So much for paying for a "new, custom" dress. They also gave my name out to vendors, such as a rude Mary Kay saleswoman and a jewelry saleswoman.

DJ RSP Entertainment = B
I thought they were good DJs but something that irked me was that the main DJ wants you to buy him dinner. I offered to provide food for the vendors who worked all day, but the DJs only worked for 4 hours. Even if you provide them dinner, they still charge you for the hour THEY are eating. When I told Mr. Prusack we would not be providing them dinner, he said one of the DJs working would leave to go get food. I just thought that was kind of unprofessional.

Wedding Coordinator- Diamond Events = A-
We got the most basic package from them which was just day-of coordinating. It was well worth the money, as Stephanie and her assistant did EVERYTHING that day. She even went to the florsit the morning of to pick up last-minute rose petals. The only reason I gave them an A- instead of an A is because Stephanie hardly answered the phone the day of the wedding. I know she wasdecorating the reception room and was busy, but I still thought she should have had her phone on her at all times if I was paying her all that mjoney.

Joyce's Hair and Nail Deisgns- D
I was going to get Joyce to do my hair for the wedding but after 3 attempts it was clear that she has very little skill with formal hair styles. My sister and friend were with me for these appointments and also felt that she struggled to style the hair. She is good at coloring hair, though. She is very inconsistent with prices and I would get something in writing if you want her to do your hair. When I told her I didn't want her to do my hair, she was very rude and told me I obviously couldn't handle the stress of planning a wedding.

Les Cheveaux Salon at Towers- A++
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this salon! Tanya did my hair for the wedding and she was AWESOME. My entire bridal party and our moms (8 people total) got their hair and makeup done at this salon and for ALL of that it only took 3 hours. We all got our hair done at the same time and then they did our make-up 2 at a time. Their up-do pricing is not too bad, about $60 per person. The manager was very accomodating and the stylists are nice. We are going back there for my sister's wedding in Aprill.

Re: Roanoke Wedding Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Hey girl,

Sounds like you had a wonderful wedding!  Congrats!  If you don't mind, who was your florist, and how would you rate them?  I live in Lynchburg but am getting married in Roanoke and am still on the hunt for someone talented and reliable! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards