Indiana-Indianapolis

Ceremony along the Canal downtown

My fiance and I were engaged along the canal so we thought it'd be great to have the ceremony along the canal as well!  Does anyone know of any venues along the canal other than the Indiana Historical Society and Indiana State Museuem? I'm not sure if any others exhist but I wanted to check.

Thanks!Smile

Re: Ceremony along the Canal downtown

• BusyLizBusyLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The zoo is close to the canal. You could check that out!
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, guys!  We're going to start looking at venues this weekend!  So exciting!
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding several years ago that was by the fountains near the old church. They had the chairs right by the fountain and they walked up and had their ceremony overhead. It was a nice ceremony but since it was either August or September, it was a really hot day. Good luck in your search.
  • cprruncprrun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Ace Party rentals (google it) to secure a spot on the canal, like in some of the pretty areas by the fountains, etc.
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome!  We've started to check out some of these options.  The Indiana Historical Society is a favorite so far!  Loved the Indiana State Museum but it and the Eiteljorg might be too expensive.

Thanks again!!

Nikki
  • edited December 2011
    You can actually get married on the canal. I used to live in one of the canal apartments and saw many weddings take place on the canal. It was always a very nice event. I think it's through the Parks Department. The downside is that people will still be using the canal, but I found that they tended to be very respectful of what was going on. I also think Bugg's Temple does weddings but I don't know as much about how that works. Finally, the Eidlejorg (I know I spelled that wrong) has a beautiful area for weddings.

In short, there are lots of options!

Good Luck!

Christen
  • kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the NCAA Hall of Champions, but they didn't have space for our number of guests. It was only $2000 to rent it which I thought was reasonable. Plus the exhibits are ipen so your guests have something to do. 

It's on the canal so you could do an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards