North Carolina-Outer Banks

Whalehead Brides

I'm getting married at the Whalehead Club on 10/1/11.  Does anyone know how involved the wedding coordinator from the club gets?  Do they assist with setting up or should I spring for a day of wedding coordinator?  Any advice is much appreciated!! :)

Re: Whalehead Brides

• cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I just got married there May 20, 2010 and was so pleased with my decision. The Whalehead CLub was beatiful and perfect for our wedding!  Emily, the coordinator, is not very involved the day of the wedding. Shes there mainly for tent permits,  to provide suggestions for vendors, and answer questions leading up to the day of. I had a  day of coordinator and i'm soooooo glad i did. If you have anymore questions about the Whalehad Club or anything let me know.
    if your interested in seeing pics go to

Event link: http://www.pictage.com/861591

Event key: corolla

Audra
    [email protected]
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're never going to believe this, but I was there the day of your wedding and saw you!  We had an appointment to meet with the wedding coordinator and she suggested that we come and see your wedding all set up!  I didn't even put it together until I looked at your pics!  You definitely had a perfect wedding day and looked beautiful!  Thanks for your help and sharing your pictures.  I think I may need to hire a day of coordinator.  Would it be okay if I contacted you in the future if I have questions?

Thanks, Lindsay
  • jetobxjetobx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was married a tthe Whalehead club on May 15th, 2010. The coordinator there doe snot help you with any of the set up so i HIGHLY suggest highering your own. The day of is fantastic but you may want to consider help for the ordering of all of your rentals. The whalhead club is such a gorgeous location but i must say it was a bit challenging to plan. We used Bordeaux events and Marie was fabulous. SHe helped me pick all of my vendors and order all of my rentals. Without her i would have been lost!

• jetobxjetobx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry for all of my typos!! and feel free to ask me about more vendor suggestions!
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! Yes you can def. contact me about my wedding! I actually had Ocean Atlantic move my tent because it was orginially in the wrong location and i was so glad i made them move it. just shoot me an e-mail if you need anything.

audra
  • LinGarrett83LinGarrett83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your help!  I'm really trying to avoid hiring someone for the day of, but I really want a stress-free day.  My mom thinks that family can help set up for the ceremony, but I want everyone to be able to relax after making the trip.  I guess I'll wait and see if it works in my budget!  I appreciate all the advise!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards