Getting in Shape

Wicking underwear?

Ok....yes....sory of gross I know....but does anyong use moisture wicking underwear for when they run/work out? I went to a sporting goods store near my house yesterday and couldn't really find anything. Any suggestions on brands or does anyone have any experience using these?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wicking underwear?

• I have not bought actual advertised as wicking underwear but I bought some great "sport" underwear by Playtex at Kohls that has been really really nice and gets the job done.
  • edited August 2012
    Oh!  I didn't know that there was such a thing.  That would be REALLY helpful.  
  • Thanks for the tip Anna! the only brands I can really fine online are lulumon and road runner sports which are like $15-$20 a pair, which seems insane to me for one pair of underwear. I think I will check out Anna's tip first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They feel like a cross between swimsuit material and cotton and blessedly, they do not shift when working out.  Which is why I love them best.
  • Anna, I'm going to have to check those out.  It's gotten hard to discretely take care of a wedgie while in the middle of a run.  At this point I've stopped caring.  Time to up my standards.
  • I was able to find some at REI.
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Have you considered wearing running shorts or pants with built-in underwear?  In the shorts, the "panties" part is super lightweight cotton and dries quickly.  For those skin-tight running/workout pants you see, it's just the one piece, but they add a pad around the crotch.  I know it sounds gross - just wash them after every use (I tend to handwash because I use my workout clothes multiple times a week).
  • I own a few pairs of dry-fast underwear that I found at an outdoor/camping store (like REI, but it's The Great Outdoor Adventure Company). They are kind of expensive, but they really work -- they don't get soggy, and they don't ride up (I got the briefs). If you don't have a store near you, you should be able to find them online, and once you have the brand, you might be able to find them elsewhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wicking-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c42b9cc7-6a3c-4f97-823a-f4efa2b897fcPost:758b359f-e168-4b66-b7b4-38657b040ac1">Re: Wicking underwear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered wearing running shorts or pants with built-in underwear?  In the shorts, the "panties" part is super lightweight cotton and dries quickly.  For those skin-tight running/workout pants you see, it's just the one piece, but they add a pad around the crotch.  I know it sounds gross - just wash them after every use (I tend to handwash because I use my workout clothes multiple times a week).
    Posted by PrincessJas[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  This.  The day I stopped wearing underwear to work out was the best day of my life.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wicking-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c42b9cc7-6a3c-4f97-823a-f4efa2b897fcPost:185ac8c6-01da-4ff6-a7c2-47123d482719">Re: Wicking underwear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wicking underwear? : Yeah.  This.  The day I stopped wearing underwear to work out was the best day of my life.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I was really worried there for a bit that I was the only one here who doesn't wear underwear when I work out. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wicking-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:c42b9cc7-6a3c-4f97-823a-f4efa2b897fcPost:185ac8c6-01da-4ff6-a7c2-47123d482719">Re: Wicking underwear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wicking underwear? : Yeah.  This.  The day I stopped wearing underwear to work out was the best day of my life.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Ditto this ^^. It's so much better going commando, especially when running.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Thread hijack. J&k You need to know how much I LOVE your siggy pic!

I have been a GB fan since I was 6 and considered having green and gold as the wedding colours ( I even made a facebook page for my cheese hat "Packers McCheese") FI and  I have an understanding that my celebrity free "cheat"  is Clay Matthews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure I'm confident enough to wear those skin tight things! Maybe I will look for something built in. Thanks again!
  • Yeah...I go commando too...it just works better!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wicking-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c42b9cc7-6a3c-4f97-823a-f4efa2b897fcPost:9d5ddfe2-a36a-4da3-b00e-c2d2836401c0">Re: Wicking underwear?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thread hijack. J&k You need to know how much I LOVE your siggy pic! I have been a GB fan since I was 6 and considered having green and gold as the wedding colours ( I even made a facebook page for my cheese hat "Packers McCheese") FI and  I have an understanding that my celebrity free "cheat"  is Clay Matthews.
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Clay is a nice looking man. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards