DC

Tent Rentals or Not?

Im pulling my hair out- a year and a half to go in the "happiest time of my life" and I have yet to be happy. Here's this weeks dilemma, me and the fiance (bless his heart for being SO active in the planning, but he really plays devils advocate to all our ideas so we make sure we're getting what we want...) is whether we go with the bed and breakfast we love and then rent tents, tables and chairs for 80 people or do we play it safe and have our so-so venue where things can be moved inside and they supply the tables and chairs and everything. SO- any suggestions? What are tent costs around the DC area?

Re: Tent Rentals or Not?

• SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it a significant price different between the two venues? Enough to cover the cost of the rentals? Do you enjoy researching these things and are you good at making decisions? Will you be hiring someone to coordinate all this the day of? (and weeks leading up to it!)

I have a pretty inclusive venue and I'm still pulling my hair out with all the little details. A CW of mine (who is an event planner by profession!) has hired a professional wedding coordinator for her backyard wedding this summer.

I'm also finding that the closer the day comes the less motivation I have to scour the internet for the best deals out there. I'm certain we're paying more than we need to for some things because I just don't have the time or energy anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you decide to go with a tent, you may want to buy rather than rent.  You can get a 10' x 30' tent on eBay for $135.  You'd probably need at least two of them.  However, I've been told that the cost of buying them is only about half the typical rental cost.  Also, if you buy them and they are not needed, you can probably resell them for most if not all of the cost you paid.    Even if you use them, you can get at least some of the money back by reselling them.  If you rent, of course, you don't get any of the rental cost back.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with a venue similar to your B and B idea -- it's just a venue, we have to bring in everything else.  Your caterer will bring most of it, and your caterer (or your coordinator) can also help you find vendors for the things they don't have (the tent itself, etc).  We fell in love with our venue, and it sounds cheesy but I think it's important to be excited about the place where it will all go down!  It sounds overwhelming, but get a great caterer to help you and it will all start coming together -- trust me!

Good luck and make sure you and your fiance keep reminding each other what this is all really about!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards