August 2012 Weddings
Options

6 months to go!

I cant believe its only 6 months to my wedding day.  I feel like Ive dont a lot, but maybe missing some things.  Here's what I have:

Ceremony Site/Officient
Reception Site (same caterer)
Dress (just found out shipping is delayed 2 mths :-(, but will still have in time)
BM Dresses
Save the Dates sent
Photographer
Videographer
Flowers
DJ
Accessories/Shoes
Ordered invite proofs

Am I forgetting anything?  We dont have the honeymoon booked yet, we have it narrowed down to 2 places (Ixtapa Mexico, and St Martin) just doing some research on travel insurance b/c of the weather.

Re: 6 months to go!

• Options
    Here are some things you might need:

Limos
    Hair 
    Makeup
    Hotel Rooms (for guests or yourself)
    Start looking at groom and groomsmen attire
    Rings (don't need for a while)

If I think of more, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    My sister is doing my hair,  I have contacted makeup artists this week,  our reception is in a hotel so we have the rooms, my rings came a set but we have to get my FI's, my FI's grandpa has a ton of old cars so we will be using one of those for us.  I think we are right on track, although I feel like Im still not doing enough.
  • Options
    Happy Date Twin!!!!!  I am starting to get super excited as well!!  I just started look at rehearsal dinner spots,  I also started working with the bakery on the cake.  You should also take care of your tasting if you haven't done that....will you be doing favors?  And you mentioned florist...but have you laid out what you want or just booked the florist?  

Enjoy the final 6 month stretch!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Same date! Have you registered yet? We have been doing that.  We chose our honeymoon last week- St Lucia with travel insurance.  Is the cake involved in the reception?  We have most the big stuff but need to do invites, rings, matron of honor dress (I am only doing one person in my whole bridal party), flowers, and cake and food tasting at the venue.  I feel like the next 6 months will fly by!!

Carly
  • Options
    I'm 6 months! away too I cant believe it!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_6-months-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:52694aab-eaf1-4466-bc26-a38c72c4855fPost:3ddf2efb-d622-44fa-a2b5-ac6c991c2583">Re: 6 months to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister is doing my hair, my rings came a set but we have to get my FI's, Posted by eseney82[/QUOTE]

Me too for both!!  My sister and SIL are also doing my makeup that day!! :)  How exciting that someone else is having their sister do their hair!!

My FI's ring is still up in the air too, but I'm not too worried about that yet!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards