Getting in Shape

A month to tone arms?

So I've been slacking with the workouts, I'll be the first to admit that. I have a month to go, and I'd like to tone up my arms. Is that something do-able or am I fooling myself? Any good, quick arm exercises I can do at home with little or no equipment?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A month to tone arms?

• Seconding push ups. Chair dips, too. If you have free weights of some sort, let me know and I can give more suggestions.
  • ditto on push ups and dips. your other option is to purchase some dumbbells and do weighted exercises at home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have 12 pound free weights, which is what I usually use at the gym. Yes, please post suggestions for those too! Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sguntherersguntherer member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    A nice, low fuss way to tone arms and your core are by getting into the plank position (basically it's the pushup position but with your elbows on the ground) and rocking back and forth using your toes and shifting your sholders over your wrists and back over your elbows.  Do this 15 times, take a break, and then repeat two more times.  If you have lower back pain as I do, stick your butt further into the air.  I hope this helps.  
  • I would do a circuit with high reps and little rest... I would also try standing or regular pushups.... and of course eating right, losing the fat over the arms is what works best!!!! good luck!!!!
  • Jillian Michael's 30 day shred really toned up my arms (and other areas but my arms TREMENDOUSLY)....and it's only 20-25 minutes!
  • Jillian Michael's 30 day shred really toned up my arms (and other areas but my arms TREMENDOUSLY)....and it's only 20-25 minutes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_a-month-to-tone-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c5bc6d89-cb3b-432a-ba51-6e7743b810adPost:3380152d-484b-4bc4-807c-fc90985f7dd5">Re: A month to tone arms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jillian Michael's 30 day shred really toned up my arms (and other areas but my arms TREMENDOUSLY)....and it's only 20-25 minutes!
    Posted by ginnym1981[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously! I'm only on day 7 of 30 in 30 day shred and people are already noticing my arms! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards