New York-Long Island

Offbeat Wedding Venue

Hey,

I recently got engaged and have been searching for a wedding venue. I'll be getting married on Long Island and have been incredibly disappointed in what I'm finding.

I have a midrange budget, but it seems that all the interesting venue options are exorbitantly priced. Any suggestions??

Re: Offbeat Wedding Venue

• First of all, what exactly do you mean by "interesting"?  With a more specific idea of what you're looking for, we might be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, if what you're looking for truly doesn't exist on Long Island, you can always try New York City venues - they tend to be more "unique" and you may be able to find something mid-range, price-wise, that's different from what you're seeing on Long Island.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • try atlantis marine world. It might seem weird to get marriedin a aquarium but they have been great to me thus far. my wedding is in a month and its been stress free dealing with them. the venue is different and amazing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_offbeat-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:ee30c28e-2790-4992-ad9c-5598e01baacfPost:b2e18920-08ed-4644-8504-2b9095408068">Re: Offbeat Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know which venue you check out but try to look at crest hollow country club, chateau briand, bridgeview yacht club in LI and in Queens NYC try to check out terrace on the park, bruno's on the boulevard and Russo on the Bay...
    Posted by jennybarbie[/QUOTE]

Maybe check out a winery/vineyard out east
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards