Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor?

HI all I am new to this site and wanted to ask if anyone has been to a bridal shower where the bride got a gift that was so unique or creative you wanted it for your self? I am doing  the wine poem basket, I got her a custom wood Established plaque, a custom wedding dress hanger with her new last name on it but i am looking for something else... any suggestions?? TIA

Re: Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor?

• Well I think one of our gifts for our wedding fit this bill. My BIL and his g/f got us one of those letter art things that spells out our last name--where someone takes different objects to spell out letters.

Like this: LINK

It said our last name spelled out using letter art and then our wedding date under it. They also got it framed. It's hanging in our hallway and I love it. I know Hobby Lobby can do this and I'm sure there are places online as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-gift-ideas-from-the-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:3b1fdae9-2345-4638-8280-1ed6aee8d44fPost:96bcb485-5e1e-4293-bc08-a3afb598995b">Re: Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I think one of our gifts for our wedding fit this bill. My BIL and his g/f got us one of those letter art things that spells out our last name--where someone takes different objects to spell out letters. Like this: LINK It said our last name spelled out using letter art and then our wedding date under it. They also got it framed. It's hanging in our hallway and I love it. I know Hobby Lobby can do this and I'm sure there are places online as well.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

<div>Be careful with anything that involves a last name unless you know for a fact the bride is taking her husband's last name.  I'm not taking FI's last name, so I wouldn't think much of anything with his last name on it.</div>
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-gift-ideas-from-the-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:3b1fdae9-2345-4638-8280-1ed6aee8d44fPost:e98f842e-01e8-43d6-8d4c-0a9b704518e7">Re: Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor? : Be careful with anything that involves a last name unless you know for a fact the bride is taking her husband's last name.  I'm not taking FI's last name, so I wouldn't think much of anything with his last name on it.
    Posted by egm900[/QUOTE]

Yes, this. I suggested what I did because it sounds like she knows the bride is taking her husband's name since she got her a hanger already with her new last name on it.

OP, if you didn't ask already, I would.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • thank you so much Just ordered one!<div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-gift-ideas-from-the-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:3b1fdae9-2345-4638-8280-1ed6aee8d44fPost:96bcb485-5e1e-4293-bc08-a3afb598995b">Re: Bridal Shower gift ideas from the maid of honor?</a>:<div>[QUOTE]Well I think one of our gifts for our wedding fit this bill. My BIL and his g/f got us one of those letter art things that spells out our last name--where someone takes different objects to spell out letters. Like this: LINK It said our last name spelled out using letter art and then our wedding date under it. They also got it framed. It's hanging in our hallway and I love it. I know Hobby Lobby can do this and I'm sure there are places online as well.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards