Arizona-Tucson
Options

invitations?

Where are you ladies getting your invitations done? Are there stores for these things or do you just order them online? Also, what's a good price estimate for them? I see ones online going for 3-6 dollars a piece. Is there anywhere that sells them cheaper, or is this standard? 

Re: invitations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi SatoX2
    I'm going through Celebrations Ink here in town. They are a preferred vendor through my venue. I haven't met the ladies yet but I've heard great things about them and their selection. You can view their selection (which is huge) and pricing at celebrationsink.com  There's also Paper, Paper, Paper (my sister in law used them and loved them), and the Gaslight Printshop and those are local companies.  I'm not sure about their pricing...but good luck, hope this has helped!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dunedevil, thank you for the information. I'll be checking those out. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing them on my own.  However, I had a friend who recommended Celebrations Ink. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenny, How are you doing yours? I thought about trying to do them myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out cardsandpockets.com

This is the website that I used to DIY my invites. The pocketfolds are pre-amde which makes it easier than attempting to DIY them from scratch!
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @sato: My FI's step mom gave me blank wedding invitations.  I'm mounting them on cardstock in our colors.  The costs (except for postage) will come to about $30 since the actual invitations were free.

Below are a few pics of the last mockup I did.  My bio has more pics of the details.  These pictures just show the folder/pocket and ribbon that I recently added.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @Jenny, those are sooo pretty!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'm putting them all together at the end of December!!!  I really lucked out getting the actual stationary as a gift.  It was the exactly what I was looking for, and it'll save me a ton of money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenny, Thanks for sharing. You did an amazing job! :) 
  • Options
    brh2343brh2343 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Appleberry Ink at Etsy.com

Teresa has a lot of great designs, is really easy to work with and will customize with your colors, etc.  Also - she is really reasonably priced!
  • Options
    Tina515Tina515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are going through magnetstreet.com It's a great site with a lot of selection as far as design, you can personaly every design with color changes (something that dissapointed me about most places) and you can a ton of coordinating pieces, like stickers that you can use on programs if you choose to DIY those, table numbers, thank you cards, place cards, you name it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at 123print.com. They were really inexpensive and I've gotten positive feedback on them too. I ordered free samples from 2 other websites and those invitations cost like 3x's more. This place only allows you to order 3 samples at a time for free so I used my fiance and friends email to get 9 free samples and make my choice.
  • Options
    talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We designed our own using adobe software (illustrator and photoshop) and then had them printed at Catprint.com .  Our whole invitation suite came out at less than 1/3 of what we had budgeted (with 5x7 invite, response card, and reception card).  I've gotten so many compliments on them already (they were mailed out a week ago, yay!).  Catprint has a variety of different papers-- we ended up going with 100 lb heavy linen cardstock, and then dressing up the invites with see-through vellum envelopes and handmade paper bands to hold them together.  They send free samples, so they're definitely worth checking out if you're considering doing them on your own.  I'm definitely going to use them for our thank you cards, programs, and menus, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got mine on 123print and loved them.  Funny enough they were about 1/2 the price of the postage...but at least I saved money on the invites...right? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards