Registry and Gift Forum

Thank you cards for early bridal shower gifts

This is my first post here, I need some advice.
We just received our first Bridal Shower gift, and I am wondering if I should send the Thank you card now, or wait till after the shower (which is over a month away). I saw that typically in the Thank You card you say something like:
"You always begin Dear [Name]. The body of your note should sound similar to:
Thank you for the lovely towel set (or tea pot or picture frame) and for coming to my shower. The color is perfect and I can’t wait to put them to use after the wedding. Your thoughtfulness (or generosity) is truly appreciated. "
Therefore thanking them both for the gift, and the attendance at the shower.
I have nothing against sending 2 cards, just wondering what other people have done.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Thank you cards for early bridal shower gifts

• You need to thank them for the gift now, they are going to be wondering if you received it.  Also, if they sent a shower gift there is a good chance they aren't coming to your shower.  The entire point of a shower is to shower the bride with gifts so people usually bring their gift to the shower.  If they do show up then you don't need to send a second card thanking them for their attendance you just thank them (and everyone else) for coming at the shower. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards