Second Weddings

To register or not to register....

Hello ladies,
I am hoping to get some opinions here.  This is a second marriage for both my fiance and I.  We weren't going to register for anything because technically we don't need anything, but then I read on another board that it's ok to register to upgrade things.  My question is this, we are having our wedding away (about 4 hours) so people will be spending money already coming down and possibly staying at a hotel.  Should we consider that before we decide to register or not?  We are ok either way, just trying to figure it out. 
Thanks for you thoughts and opinions.
-Angie

Re: To register or not to register....

• Many people are going to want to buy you gifts, whether you NEED them or Not. It's nice to at least have a small registry so that those that want to, can buy something useful and wanted. Register away! Just make sure to have a variety of price points and you should be fine.

Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you don't want to register but still want to give people something to spend money on, think about donations for your favorite charity / cause.

Or heck, make it a white elephant gift exchange, that'll make it fun and memorable LOL

Insert random message here.
  • All I can say is that we registered - and I am glad we did!! 
  • edited January 2012
    It's FI's first (er... ONLY!) wedding, so we registered so he'd get the full experience of wedding planning.  We just did a small one at BB&B.  We also did a VERY small one through Royal Caribbean since we'll be on an RCI ship for our wedding/honeymoon (we registered for robes, wine, and a couples massage through that).

I didn't think anyone would buy anything because it's my second wedding and it's a destination wedding in Grand Cayman.  But in the end MY family used the registry to get us 90% of our Christmas gifts!  So we actually got what we wanted/needed.

So I'd still recommend registering, just because people will want to buy gifts.  I personally don't care if it's a person first wedding or ffith wedidng... if invited and if they feed me, I will buy them a gift.

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Thank you all so much.  We will be registering for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards