Wedding Party

HELP! need ideas..

SO I have a problem, I am getting married May 18th 2013 and orriginally we were doing a destination wedding in FL so we would only have 3 bridesmaids. Now plans have changed and we are having it here in Indiana and we want more people in the wedding.  My fiances sister wasn NOT one of the people in the wedding originally, but now we both really want her in the wedding.  She knew she wasn't going to be in the wedding before and now I just don't know how to ask her without making her feel akward..I want to do it in a cute unique way! HELP! :)

Re: HELP! need ideas..

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    Don't ask her.  No matter how you ask her, she'll feel like an after thought.  

FWIW, this is reason 467 why you don't ask BMs that far in advance.  
  • Welcome to TK! Are there other people whom you want to ask besides FSIL? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • can you have her do a reading or something so she's involved without being the "add-on"? 

if you're talking about, like, doubling your WP and adding three other girls I think you could go ahead and just let her know that now that you're having a larger wedding you'd really like to include her.  But we're talking about his sister here, it's not like you didn't ask her b/c it was a DW, b/c obviously she'd have been there anyway...  even if you're adding on a lot more people it will be very clear who your first choices were.  But it might sting even more to realize that not only was she not your first choice she wasn't your second choice either, so if you do add people I'd ask her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards