New York
Options

Happy Monday!

How was everyones weekend?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh... pretty uneventful.
    I was a cookie and bark making machine on Saturday.  (after a ridiculous argument about Christmas music with Fi.  grr.)
    Yesterday I worked my per diem job.  Had to babysit a failed suicide patient.  Instead of being grateful that somone cared enough to drag her drug laden @ss into the hospital and pump her stomach (saved her life)... she was rude and demanding.   Makes me hate people.
    I did the math... the babysitting fee alone (nevermind the food, supplies and high priced medical care)... is about $3-4K a week.  A WEEK!!!  Just to have someone watch them and make sure they don't do anything stupid.  Can you imagine how much it costs when you add in their medical care and medications?  3 hot meals a day and medical supplies?  The majority of these idiots are uninsured which means WE pay for this.  Makes me sick sick sick. 
    Whew... ok that was my rant for the day.  Totally out of line, but I can't help but get annoyed when I think about how hard I am wokring to pay for this wedding... then I look at my paycheck and see how much of it is taken out for taxes... THEN I see what my tax money pays for.
    I need a beer.   Tongue out
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was pretty good. I got to be a bit lazy but still managed to get all my shopping done and wrapped!

This morning was a whole nother other thing tho :/ Joshs alarm sounded like a blow horn in my ear...and he snoozed it...twice. It took me 30 min to get back to sleep(only after Josh had left). Then I woke up15 min later to my dog eating my sunglasses (demolished). I picked up the pieces and went back to bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep again, I hear him playin with something in the livingroom...scared it was gifts I hopped outta bed. He got ahold of the tape roll, ripped it all apart, and chewed the plastic casing to little shards. Cleaned that up and walking back to my room steeped in what I thought was dog pee. Turned out Josh walked through the house with his wet boots on. Ugh. I had to sleep after that...just to wake up to a better morning. Buuuut the road I take to work was shut for security reasons (we got an email...I forgot), so it took me an extra 10 min to drive around to the other entrance (making me late), only to get stuck behind a truck going 15mph up the hill. Now my back is killing me (stems from an old accident).

I just wanna go back to bed and try again tomorrow. Haha might be best for everyone if I do!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monica Im right there with you. Im not in that line of work for a reason. I'd probably beat someone. Haha. Makes me sick to think of where my hard earned money goes too :/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    SOrry Bridget... I was so busy b!ich!n that I forgot to ask how yours was...
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Haha no worries. I b!tch enough. I totally understand getting wrapped up in it

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    I changed the alarm on my phone to Justin Bieber "Baby Baby Baby" to annoy Kev once.  HILARIOUS!!!  I highly reccommend it!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Aww Kara! Sounds like the short & sweet version of me! Well, I hope your day speeds up so you can enjor a few!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well said, Kara.  Lol
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm... Bailey's.  Someone actually gave me a bag of chocolates filled with Bailey's for Christmas.  (I am not sure that they realized these have real liquor in them).  They are just sitting on my desk tempting me.
    I will enjoy one for you.  Tongue out
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies! I feel bad that I had a good weekend and my morning was non hectic.

I had my Christmas party for work on saturday and it was also a chinese auction for camp good days. I won 2 baskets!! The food was amazing and they had a top-shelf open bar at HSBC arena.

I also hit up Old Navy and totally cleaned up, got almost all my shopping done and everything I did have I wrapped.

Sunday I was supposed to go to my MOH's house to bake cookies but she doesn't have any measuring cups or spoons ( I swear she doesn't bake AT ALL) lol so we ended up just hanging out and eating the hershey kisses from the non-made cookies lol. It was nice because I haven't seen her in forever since she's pregnant with her 2nd baby so she's working like crazy to save moolah.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will!
    As far as Christmas presents... I baked a whole butt load of cookies.  And I made a ton of bark and chocolate dipped pretzels and spoons.
    I picked up a bunch of cheap-y coffee mugs at the dollar store and a big box of Christmas tea and coffee at Christmas tree shops.
    I am going to put a few tea bags or a coffee bag (the small...4 cup size) in the coffee cup and add some bark and a chocolate dupped spoon.
    I feel so cheesy, but I am hoping people will understand w/ the wedding right around the corner.
    I just feel terrible b/c my docs and NPs give me huge gift cards ($50, $100) and other really awesome, pricey gifts.  They are very generous and I am so grateful.  I just wish I could do something just as nice in return.  I know it's not about the money, but I feel like a turd when I give them something your average 4th grader could throw together.  lol.  Oh well.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_happy-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:9e13712e-4049-46f5-8a0b-fd0996ee43e0Post:32847edd-a38b-41f4-a8fa-fdc1a4947dc8">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's not about the money, but I feel like a turd when I give them something your average 4th grader could throw together.  lol.  Oh well.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, personally I love the homemade gifts sooooooo much better than store-bought ones. I like that the person spent some time making it and that means a lot to me. Especially if I can eat the gift lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_happy-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:9e13712e-4049-46f5-8a0b-fd0996ee43e0Post:494a7373-6c2e-45c9-b050-1753c7b025cb">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! <strong>I feel bad that I had a good weekend and my morning was non hectic.</strong> I had my Christmas party for work on saturday and it was also a chinese auction for camp good days. I won 2 baskets!! The food was amazing and they had a top-shelf open bar at HSBC arena. I also hit up Old Navy and totally cleaned up, got almost all my shopping done and everything I did have I wrapped. Sunday I was supposed to go to my MOH's house to bake cookies but she doesn't have any measuring cups or spoons ( I swear she doesn't bake AT ALL) lol so we ended up just hanging out and eating the hershey kisses from the non-made cookies lol. It was nice because I haven't seen her in forever since she's pregnant with her 2nd baby so she's working like crazy to save moolah.
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

Dont feel bad!!! Im glad someone had a great few days!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I second that!! Don't feel bad at all!  Glad you are having a good week!

Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards