July 2012 Weddings

Have you booked your honeymoon yet?

2»

Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:1dd5d918-f334-4606-b703-c75ebab72dbd">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : We are considering like 4 days in Disney and 4 days on the beach - maybe Sanibel Island area to collect some seashells. If we have to stay domestic - I think Disney MIGHT be my top choice. <strong>What made you choose Disney?
    </strong>Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

When I was little my grandparents lived in Flordia, so I have fond memories of it when I was growing up.  I also went with my sister a few years ago and had a blast.  FI hasn't really been, so I thought it'd be fun to go together!  We're both "big kids" anyway!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:0a870dc7-863a-4c55-9151-076a9e7f6d32">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to go somewhere to relax and not to worry about anything, but we do like the outdoors.. Like canoeing, zip line, high ropes, biking etc... We both haven't been out of North America.  We live in Ontario Canada. So somewhere hot but with some outdoor adventure available at the resort. Any ideas? We are also worried about hurricanes in July.
    Posted by paulandjen2012[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for an island with activities St. Lucia is a great option.  They have zip-line, snorkel cruises, hiking, bike trips ect.  This is part of why FI and I chose St. Lucia over other islands.  I was worried about Hurricanes at first but to be honest July is still early in the season so I just bought the insurance and said hell with it!

Other options you may be interested in if you are that concerned about hurricanes then I would check out Riviera Maya and Costa Rica.
  • We booked ours a little over a months ago--it took us months to decide where to go though! We ended up going with St. Lucia for 8 days then SC for 5.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:94d706ca-ee88-432c-91bf-4924146649ea">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : When are you going and where are you staying?  We're at the Hyatt Regency Maui from 7/26-30!
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>We're going 7/23-8/1, so we'll be there at the same time! But we're pretty far from each other :( We're staying at the Marriott Wailea, I think that's about an hour from the Hyatt. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you're planning on doing a Luau you have to check this one out:</div><div><a href="http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60634-d495137-Reviews-The_Feast_at_Lele-Lahaina_Maui_Hawaii.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60634-d495137-Reviews-The_Feast_at_Lele-Lahaina_Maui_Hawaii.html</a></div><div>It's the one we want to do but it's an hour away so I'm not sure if it'll happen. It's right by where you're staying though and my friend said it was sooo romantic. </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are staying a few extra days on the island that our wedding is going to be.  I think we are staying through Tuesday.  We are getting married and HMing on Jekyll Island GA.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We booked at the beginning of January - Hawaii for 14 nights - Kauai, Oahu, & Maui :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:8b1d3012-c20a-4bc2-aec8-7950e0ba9ad7">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : When I was little my grandparents lived in Flordia, so I have fond memories of it when I was growing up.  I also went with my sister a few years ago and had a blast.  FI hasn't really been, so I thought it'd be fun to go together!  We're both "big kids" anyway!
    Posted by BeabullMom[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I went when I was seven. I'm twenty-four now. FI has been more recently - within the last ten years.

So - it's still fun as an adult?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked ours this month. 6 days in Mauritius, one day of travel, then 5 days safari in South Africa.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Hawaii for 11 days, Oahu, Maui, and Kuaui. 

K888 - what days are you going to the other islands?  I'm staying at the Hyatt at all three islands but opposite days of you for Maui.

Anniversary
  • We are going to honolulu, HI for ten days. Hotel and flight have been booked for the day after the wedding. We wanted somewhere warm, beautiful and hassle free!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meagan - My travel agent said if you're gonna do something touristy in Hawaii, it's gotta be a traditional luau... so she made us reservations for Old Lahaina.  :)

http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/

Michelle - We're not staying at a Hyatt on Oahu (we're at one of the Outrigger hotels) but we'll be at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for majority of our trip, 7/30-8/6.  Is that the Hyatt you're staying at, too?  I'm realllllly excited to visit Kauai, I hear amazing things about it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:1406920d-6718-4870-972f-295fdd6ff7ad">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meagan - My travel agent said if you're gonna do something touristy in Hawaii, it's gotta be a traditional luau... so she made us reservations for Old Lahaina.  :) <a href="http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/</a> Michelle - We're not staying at a Hyatt on Oahu (we're at one of the Outrigger hotels) but we'll be at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for majority of our trip, 7/30-8/6.  Is that the Hyatt you're staying at, too?  I'm realllllly excited to visit Kauai, I hear amazing things about it.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>The Grand Hyatt Kauai is SO nice! FI and I did not want to leave. We loved it there--- the adult section of the pool is very relaxing and pretty and make sure to eat at Donderos (amazing Italiian food!!) Also, consider going to the Napali Coast for an excursion.  It's truly breathtaking! </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:0a870dc7-863a-4c55-9151-076a9e7f6d32">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to go somewhere to relax and not to worry about anything, but we do like the outdoors.. Like canoeing, zip line, high ropes, biking etc... We both haven't been out of North America.  We live in Ontario Canada. So somewhere hot but with some outdoor adventure available at the resort. Any ideas? We are also worried about hurricanes in July.
    Posted by paulandjen2012[/QUOTE]

<div>We purchased trip insurance "just in case" of a hurricane or bad weather.  We can cancel anytime up to the day before.  A lot of the islands have excursions that include zip lining, etc.  I thinka  few PP mentioned St. Lucia and Costa Rica? I know Jamaica and Mexico have a lot of excursions as well.  You could also maybe do a cruise if you're really undecided about islands-- this way you can see a few different places.  HTH!</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • edited January 2012
    For those who are going to do zip-lining on your honeymoon, I highly recommend it!! We just went zip lining off a mountain and it was the most fun we ever had!! ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:9d3bb34c-52c9-41e2-b3cf-6e54f9013da8">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : The Grand Hyatt Kauai is SO nice! FI and I did not want to leave. We loved it there--- the adult section of the pool is very relaxing and pretty and make sure to eat at Donderos (amazing Italiian food!!) Also, consider going to the Napali Coast for an excursion.  It's truly breathtaking! 
    Posted by BeachLover2885[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the restaurant rec, much appreciated!

Also, we are doing a sailing excursion to the Napali coast.... that was a must on our list!!!

Not sure why we bothered purchasing return flights home... we're probably never leaving hahaha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Our honeymoon was one of the first things we booked.  I think I've said this before, but I travel for work so I earn hotel/airline miles like crazy.  So while it sounds super extravagant, it will be super cheap because we aren't paying for any hotels or flights.

First, we fly to Bangkok and do Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (and we're bringing my parents with us).  Then my parents are flying to Australia for the week and we're headed to Moorea and Bora Bora for a week.    Soooooo excited!

AllyG303, where are you staying in Bora Bora?  We'll be at the Hilton.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • k888 - I believe that is the same Hyatt we are, but I'm there for you.  I'll post reviews of anything I find after I get back on here.  

Thanks everyone for the tips on Hawaii.  We are just starting to look at excursions.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-honeymoon-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0b4ddb95-69bf-4bba-9831-44a166d34bb1Post:cd430972-2a34-4de3-9973-43f123ff1f5c">Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you booked your honeymoon yet? : We purchased trip insurance "just in case" of a hurricane or bad weather.  We can cancel anytime up to the day before.  A lot of the islands have excursions that include zip lining, etc.  I thinka  few PP mentioned St. Lucia and Costa Rica? I know Jamaica and Mexico have a lot of excursions as well.  You could also maybe do a cruise if you're really undecided about islands-- this way you can see a few different places.  HTH!
    Posted by BeachLover2885[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ideas :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked a 7 day cruise

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jealous of these honeymoons!!!

We were debating for a while a couple of weeks ago...but it's going to be really hard with the amount of time off work we have to take. We also have to travel for our wedding (it's in Indiana), so we took the whole week before the wedding off. I'll be flying in the weekend before the wedding and FI will drive out later in the week with stuff I can't get there. We also took the entire week off after the wedding, but we will have to make the 17ish hour car ride back.

Soooo...we're probably just going to do some things in Indianapolis. I was born and raised in Indiana, but he's only been there to visit like three times, so it's still new territory for him. Also, since my entire family is there, we'll also spend some time with them. My parents have a lake house and boat, so it'll be fun. We'll just do a few nights in a hotel in Indy, then spend time with them, and probably drive back Saturday...since I have to be at work on that Monday.

We'll also be trying for kiddos pretty quickly, so decided we can just do a cruise out of Boston to Bermuda for either our first anniversary (if not yet pregnant or with newborn), or when our first child is a couple of years old and can stay with FI's parents :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards