Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

First Look Pics

This may be a silly question, but are first look pics just for the bride/groom/bridesmaids/groomsmen?  Or are all members of the wedding party (parents/flower girls, etc.) supposed to be there too?  I only ask because our first look pics are off site so we need to arrange for transportation from the hotel, to the picture location, to the ceremony site.
Thanks!

Re: First Look Pics

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The first look or reveal is a private moment between the bride and groom with only the photographer present to capture the moment.  It is not for the wedding party.  This is where you "reveal" yourself to your groom in your wedding dress for the first time (instead of him seeing you for the first time when you walk down the aisle).  This is done so that you can THEN take your wedding party photos before the ceremony.  But the wedding party is not present for the first look.

I have my first look photos in my married bio under "Reveal."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_first-look-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:b6846cb1-88d4-4b45-b302-c81b2346e36cPost:f84be68d-0e36-42db-85eb-e2f63df12f9c">Re: First Look Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]The first look or reveal is a private moment between the bride and groom with only the photographer present to capture the moment.  It is not for the wedding party.  This is where you "reveal" yourself to your groom in your wedding dress for the first time (instead of him seeing you for the first time when you walk down the aisle).  This is done so that you can THEN take your wedding party photos before the ceremony.  But the wedding party is not present for the first look. I have my first look photos in my married bio under "Reveal."
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Yep, all of that. We had our parents and the BP come with us to the location & then wait while we did the first look photos & video. Then after, we all met up to take the rest of the pictures. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards