Wisconsin

Kashka's, anyone?

I came across this custom dress shop where you pay for materials and discuss design with the shop and they custom-make your wedding dress.  Just wondering if anyone has been here or had a dress made here.  Also, I'm wondering what something like this costs if you looked here.

Re: Kashka's, anyone?

• edited December 2011
    Is this on Greenfield Ave- around 73rd or so?  I haven't used this place, but I've heard good things about it from a different vendor down the street. I obviously don't know a whole lot about it, but I'd assume it's probably pricey. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it is around 73rd & Greenfield in West Allis.
  • rholyokerholyoke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who highly recommended this woman.  Apparently she's a genuis with alterations, albeit a tad eccentric.  If I remember correctly, she said she has clown-red hair and always wears at least one leopard print item of clothing. :)
    I plan to take my dress there to be altered.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

I just made an appointment with her and she seemed bothered and not warm at all. Which is surprising based on the reviews.

I basically only asked if the sleeves from my dress could be removed. Going in this Saturday will post experience.

thx
    Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012
  • dflawlesspairdflawlesspair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_kashkas-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:991bb2aa-c530-412b-aaf7-092f47e4c369Post:f08010e9-9e11-40ee-b5da-1edde170623e">Re: Kashka's, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who highly recommended this woman.  Apparently she's a genuis with alterations, albeit a tad eccentric.  If I remember correctly, she said she has clown-red hair and always wears at least one leopard print item of clothing. :) I plan to take my dress there to be altered.
    Posted by rholyoke[/QUOTE]

I had a custom wedding dress made and did meet with her at one point. Eccentric doesn't even cover it but she really seemed to know what she was doing. I actually went with someone else but quite honestly wish I had gone with Kashka's. I think she would have done a better job...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards