Alabama
Options

Gulf Shores beach wedding

Hello all!!

I'm a Texas bride wanting to get married in Gulf Shores because of y'alls beautiful beaches!  However, I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a venue on a beach that will accommadate 65-70 guests.  I've contacted a lot beach house rental agencies and they have all said that they will not let us host a wedding on their properties if I have more than 20-30 guests due to parking, it being a liability to let a large number of people come in and out of the house, etc.  I've been looking into Gulf Shores state park and  I am considering renting their beach pavillion and the beach. Has anybody had their wedding here or known someone who has? What did you think of it?  If anyone has any other venue  suggestions I would really appreciate it! :)

Re: Gulf Shores beach wedding

• Options
    have you tried orange beach they might have some bigger sites or book a block of hotels and have it in the banquet room. Good luck 
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been looking into Gulf Shores as well. I'm an Alabama native and have gone to Gulf SHores my whole life, and I have gone to some weddings there too, beautiful. Check into perdido beach resort in orange beach
  • Options
    I am having my wedding at gulf state park beach pavilion.
  • Options
    Hello! I too am a Texas bride getting married in Gulf Shores :)
    I am working with Elaine Harper at the Gulf Shores Wedding Chappel. I highly recommend working with her because she has a beautiful chapel and reception hall. It is so nice to have a back up plan incase the weather is bad on the day of the wedding, this is why I chose to work with Elaine. The wedding is planned to take place at the state park, but I did not have to rent the entire beach pavillion because I am having my reception at the chapel recpetion hall. If you are wanting to do everything on the beach...cake, music, tabels, etc...then I would recommend renting the pavillion for the day. The only down fall is that the pavillion closes at sunset, so you and your guest would have to be out by then. Anyway...hope this info helps! Good luck on planning and congrats!
  • Options
    I am also getting married in that area next summer and just came across the chapel. Are the prices reasonable and are the people easy to work with?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_gulf-shores-beach-wedding-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:4ecd9753-b9ae-4e4a-a019-af30c2a72634Post:791a7752-f850-479c-ad21-1b27a7e63222">Re: Gulf Shores beach wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I too am a Texas bride getting married in Gulf Shores :) I am working with Elaine Harper at the Gulf Shores Wedding Chappel. I highly recommend working with her because she has a beautiful chapel and reception hall. It is so nice to have a back up plan incase the weather is bad on the day of the wedding, this is why I chose to work with Elaine. The wedding is planned to take place at the state park, but I did not have to rent the entire beach pavillion because I am having my reception at the chapel recpetion hall. If you are wanting to do everything on the beach...cake, music, tabels, etc...then I would recommend renting the pavillion for the day. The only down fall is that the pavillion closes at sunset, so you and your guest would have to be out by then. Anyway...hope this info helps! Good luck on planning and congrats!
    Posted by lgrigalanz[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hello All,

I was just curious if any of you ended up getting married in Gulf Shores -- and if so, where? My sister is planning a wedding there next Fall.

THanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards