Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Columbian and Cuban

Hi my FI is Columbian and Cuban, I wanted to know any customs and traditions they have i wanted to surprise him and throw it in the wedding thx :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Columbian and Cuban

• Options
    Ok, this is not just your wedding. It is also his wedding. Therefore, it is not a suprise party you are throwing for him. He needs to be involved in the planning also. He will know better than anyone on here what customs his family practices (customs vary by region and other lines, not just along national lines.)

Talk to him.
  • Options
    I agree 100%. Talk to him and find out what if anything from his culture he wants to incorporate. Maybe he's always dreamed of an "American style" wedding (whatever that might be). You won't know until you talk.
  • Options
    He doesn't know any and he doesn't talk to his father, his mom has helped me with his Columbian side that's why I said surprise because he doesn't know any of his traditions... I know it's not just my wedding we are doing two different types of 1st dances one from my side and one from his, different music and foods... It's the ceremony part I don't know if Cubans do anything different..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In that case, it sounds like you've already made a good effort to include traditions from his side. If he doesn't know any more himself, I doubt including them would make much of a difference to him, you know what I mean? Maybe just leave the ceremony as is, to reflect the two of you in your lives today, and leave the family history and traditions for the reception. :)
  • Options
    If he doesn't know any of the traditions, are they even going to mean anything to him? 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the help... :):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards