Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Just sad

it finally happened, the medication for my stomach has done me in! My face is unrecognizable because of the swelling and the weight is piling on fast :-( (common side effects of the pills) The wedding is in two months and I'm just so sad that I won't look like me in the pictures that we're paying $4800 for!!! I guess as long as my dress zips up it's all good but its just not how I pictured my wedding day to be. I wanted to look like me on my wedding day, not a swollen moonpie :-(
"I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom

Re: Just sad

• Options
    luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH I'm so sorry you're going through that. I know when I was on Prednisone I had something similar happen---only it wasn't limited to my face.  I gained weight head to toe, and everywhere in between.  I'm getting married in April and started working with a nutritionist and trainer to get me there without gaining any more weight, but hoping to drop some of the 30 pounds I've gained.  I'm sorry you're sad.  While I'm confident you will still have a fantastic day, in the end of it all, the most important part is that it makes you happy.  You can always do a 5 year anniversary thing...or maybe even a 'renewal' when you're feeling more yourself.  I'm sorry.  :( Sending you some positive energy in hopes that it turns out ok after all.  Most importantly, I wish you good health. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Luv!!! Prednisone is a nightmare drug and a miracle drug all at the same time. FI was really awesome today and let me know that if all I can fit in is a white moomoo he'll still be happy to marry me :-) made me feel a lot better that i have such a good guy.
    "I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom
  • Options
    luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's not marrying you based on how you'll look on one day.  True testament that you've chosen the right man with whom you will spend the rest of your life.  Hope your health is improving, even if you're not looking the way you want.  I assure you---he wants you around for a long time----he just wants you healthy.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this.  I'm in a similar boat.  This past March I had a complication to a surgery I had a few years ago which caused me to put on weight in the past 5 months.  I've plateaued but still 20 -25 pounds over where I was when I bought my dress.  And my Dr. has recently put me on a medication for nerve pain which a side effect is weight gain...YEP I've got that side effect.  I'm eating right (but always have been) and working out as I can manage - trying to get off the weight for our November Wedding.  Good luck to you!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck to you too ourwedding!!! Sending good thoughts your way and hoping for a speedy and full recovery for you! You'll still be beautiful no matter what!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards