March 2013 Weddings
Options

Need some opinions!

We are doing our engagement pictures on Oct 7. The plan is to do two outfits, one more casual and the other more dressy. The casual outfit for me will be jeans and a sweater (either purple or blue - love the blue color but the purple might look better in pictures). The dressy outfit is a grey skirt with a green top. I tried it on to see how it looked and I'm mixed. I tried tucking it in and not tucking it in and I can't decide which looks better! The shirt is kinda long untucked but my stupid little pooch shows more when it's tucked. I plan on wearing something underneath to help but it probably won't be enough!

Anyways, here is what it looks like. What do you think? Tucked or untucked? Or does the shirt just totally not go at all? I tried the skirt with a button up shirt and didn't really like it. That's the only other green shirt I have that I can think of right now.. I do have time to get something else but I'd rather not!

Untucked

Tucked

Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Need some opinions!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_need-some-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:f468fbb0-ee3c-4317-81c9-a2bf33f3a35dPost:93b6d38d-264d-45ce-a4ef-7de877d48ed3">Re:Need some opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted untucked, but I liked tucked in too, it just felt like it was missing something. Maybe a funky belt or a jacket? That color looks AMAZING on you by the way! Your hair is gorgeous!!!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Thanks :-) That's another thing I need to figure out - how to do my hair! I can't do hair or makeup (if you can see the makeup I have on in the pics is a "trial" for what I want to do for the photos). I'm thinking of just straightening it and leaving it. I usually wear it natural which is more wavy/curly than it is in these pictures.

I do think a jacket or belt would help but I don't really have anything that would work (and very little extra money to work with). I don't have any blazer type jackets and any cardigans I have wouldn't go at all (I have a maroon one, a black boyfriend cardi, and a bluish grey one). The only belts I own are a reversible black/brown one and a skinny leopard one that came with some pants I bought. Like I said, I have some time to get something but I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I actually like it tucked in! I think it looks great on you either way, but I tend to tuck things in just because I feel like if its untucked then I look like I haven't finished getting ready. btw, LOVE your hair too! I wish mine was that long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_need-some-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:f468fbb0-ee3c-4317-81c9-a2bf33f3a35dPost:b5f1c8c4-0cc0-49cb-8d4f-02846d1cfadb">Re: Need some opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually like it tucked in! I think it looks great on you either way, but I tend to tuck things in just because I feel like if its untucked then I look like I haven't finished getting ready. btw, LOVE your hair too! <strong>I wish mine was that long!</strong>
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how badly I want to chop it, haha. I'm trying to keep it long for the wedding but it's driving me nuts because it gets so tangled. Also my hair is half natural and half dyed (probably about from my chin down or so) and in certain pictures it looks ridiculous! So my plan is to chop off all the gross dry, dyed stuff after the wedding and keep my natural hair for a while!

I'm going to try it on again with a belt that I have just to get an idea of how it would look. I'll post a pic when I do! I think if the shirt was a little shorter it wouldn't be so bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Ok, here is the outfit with a belt. Not the belt I'd actually wear, it's just pretty much the only one I have right now.

And just for fun, untucked with a belt because I felt like it:

Blech. I hate that I look pregnant when I most definitely am not :-( Hoping this pooch will go away before the wedding but it probably won't be small enough before the pictures.. oh well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_need-some-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:f468fbb0-ee3c-4317-81c9-a2bf33f3a35dPost:1611553d-7fb2-48c1-b2a6-849c4db83099">Re: Need some opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blech. I hate that I look pregnant when I most definitely am not :-( Hoping this pooch will go away before the wedding but it probably won't be small enough before the pictures.. oh well.
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

I have a pooch as well.  it was so bad that when I saw a woman whom I havent seen in 10 yrs, she touched my belly and said 'congrads'.  ...
    I brought a shaper for myself.  It is such a cheat, but it smooths out the pooch and gives a nice hour glass figure.  Its tight (as it should) and I wouldnt be able to wear it every day, but Im wearing it for the engagement pictures.

I really like the untucked with the belt.  I think it adds a really nice break to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like untucked with the belt!!!
  • Options
    I vote untucked without the belt. Of all the photos, my favorite is the very first one in the OP. And I love the green on you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards